PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
(Solved)Bluetooth File Transfer Speeds

I think i just had a defective replacement phone but i was wondering for those out there with tp2's hows your transfer speed between 2 phones?

with my original tp2 i could transfer 3-6mb songs in roughly 1 min 30 secs - 2 mins

pictures and cabs would transfer over in under a minute.

and this was done with 2 touch pro 2's, and again with one touch pro 2 and one imagio.

my replacement phone would start out really slowly as if it would take 10 mins to send anything (song, cab, pics) and then say that the file couldnt be sent because the connection was lost and never send anything. But i was just curious how fast you guys are getting and whats the normal rate because i couldnt get my replacement tp2 to send anything like my original did, and my friends tp2 couldnt send as fast as his original did either
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Bluetooth File Transfer Speeds

are you using stock or custom rom. Did the roms vary between the two phones?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

I tried using stock verizon rom for bt file transfer and mighty rom and both had sluggish starts that ended up in failures and the files couldnt be sent

and my friend at work has a stock us cellular touch pro 2 as well and he couldnt send either...i dont know if it was my device causing his bluetooth problems or mines since i had already been experiencing issues, im getting another replacement tho i was just curious as to the speeds other people are getting with file transfer
Old 03-10-2010, 11:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

just as a update i received my 2nd replacement touch pro 2 and its also having very sluggish bluetooth transfers its taking roughly 20 mins to send a 2 minute song or just a picture. I never had this issue with my original tp2 that i purchased yet im still having this issue with the refurbed tp2s. any suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have been interested in this. My friends all run Android or the Iphone. Neither of them will accept a bt file transfer, at least Android wont until 2.0.

Free bump for you.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

well i just tried flashing all the way back to winmo 6.1 and now my transfers are all going through at reasonable speeds im going to try to flash straight from 6.1 to my mighty rom i was previously on and hopefully it goes through properly with the same speedy bluetooth transfers. I suspect it was the radio that came loaded on my replacement phone

EDIT: I flashed back to stock verizon 6.1 and sent roughly 10 files which consisted of a few mp3s varying in size and they all went through within a minute or 2, i sent a few pictures which sent in under 30 seconds, and cabs which sent roughly 40 seconds to 1 minute

much faster than the updated radio verizon includes with their 6.5 update, so if anyone is having bluetooth or any other issues id recommend flashing back to 6.1

Last edited by deadwrong03; 03-11-2010 at 03:28 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2