PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 10:32 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
our phones our to good for bs

ok I have tried other roms within the last month and I must say that for our phones to be as supurb as they are some of the custom roms here do not meet there standard. my phone is unlocked and I do have a t-mobile plan but most of the roms here do not support unlocked phones so if you love your phone like I do make these "chefs" fix there ROMs post your concerns here............
Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA :(
Carrier: Sprint

afripino is becoming a great contributor
Re: our phones our to good for bs

wait....wat?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

hmmmm...shouldn't these be in the general forum.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

My phone is unlocked and the ROMs I've used on it have worked just fine, though I'm not trying to connect to any GSM networks as I already pay for service through VZW and it'd be pointless to pay for service twice when you can only use one at a time. And yes, this is posted in the wrong area. My guess is that your complain has more to do with the lack of provisioning available for T-Mobile on ROMs here than the ROMs not working, and for the small percentage of users that use GSM on their CDMA devices, I doubt things are going to change...
Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and HTC Arrive

boeman is becoming a great contributor

I've never had any issues with any of the roms here... maybe you should be more specific about your complaints before anything will get fixed.
Also, you need to remember that these chefs do this voluntarily, they don't have to fix anything... hell, they don't have to give us the release at all. Appreciate what you get, or live with the crap stock roms.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeman View Post
I've never had any issues with any of the roms here... maybe you should be more specific about your complaints before anything will get fixed.
Also, you need to remember that these chefs do this voluntarily, they don't have to fix anything... hell, they don't have to give us the release at all. Appreciate what you get, or live with the crap stock roms.
This
Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
ok I have tried other roms within the last month and I must say that for our phones to be as supurb as they are some of the custom roms here do not meet there standard. my phone is unlocked and I do have a t-mobile plan but most of the roms here do not support unlocked phones so if you love your phone like I do make these "chefs" fix there ROMs post your concerns here............
You must not have flashed my rom or mighty mikes rom, as all of our releases have full GSM connection setup and support.

secondly i moved this to the correct section *shakes fist*

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeman View Post

Hold on now, if you never had any issues with any of the roms here, then youre not using any of the custom roms here! Not to say that the roms here are bad, but all custom roms have some type of issue... none of them are perfect. I understand what he's saying but the resolution to that is to just stick with the stock rom. Many of these guys create roms as a hobby. Thou many of them are very good at what they do, its not their life to make a rom perfect... especially when they're not getting paid for it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:50 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
You must not have flashed my rom or mighty mikes rom, as all of our releases have full GSM connection setup and support.

secondly i moved this to the correct section *shakes fist*
honestly your rom works fine
Old 02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and HTC Arrive

boeman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
Hold on now, if you never had any issues with any of the roms here, then youre not using any of the custom roms here! Not to say that the roms here are bad, but all custom roms have some type of issue... none of them are perfect. I understand what he's saying but the resolution to that is to just stick with the stock rom. Many of these guys create roms as a hobby. Thou many of them are very good at what they do, its not their life to make a rom perfect... especially when they're not getting paid for it.

I do use ROMS here... but I read review and look at all the issues before I flash. I never flash to a brand new release (I always wait a few days to a week for the bugs to be hashed out). You're right though, I came off a little harsh, but I got annoyed.

I use my phone for work, in my position, I am unable to be without communication for very long so I can't take the chance of having it down for long periods of time ("long" meaning hours +). The only real issue I've had with the phone was one bad flash because I didn't flash to stock first, and memory corruption that I'm confident was caused by an application I installed just hours before the problem happened. The chef's here are great, they are over the top with the support they give. To expect more from them is completely unrealistic. If what they do doesn't work for you, then what they offer is not for you... that's really what I was getting at.

Speaking from experience, being paid to write and support software and getting a demand like this is annoying enough, but doing it for free because you want others to share in your acheivements and getting these types of demands is what causes these great minds to quit offering their work to us at all. It causes burn out to come a lot quicker.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2