PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro2
Carrier: Sprint

temblor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Copy / paste fix with the 6.5 rom update!?

Will the copy/ paste feature be fixed in Win 6.5 update? I hope so! Copy/paste is a huge multi-tasking tool on a mobile device. It is very frustrating on the TP2. It was better on the 6700, 6800 & TP1
It is different in every program with TP2.
1. Tedious to copy/ paste in Contact notes!
2. Tedious to copy/ paste in calendar notes!
(For example, from your appointment notes you can NOT copy a name, address & phone if it is in the middle of a paragraph. you can only select and copy one word at a time or the whole paragraph! Very frustrating!

3. You can not copy and paste to Sprint Navigation!
Ever try to copy an address from a web site or your calendar or contact notes to sprint Navigation? Nightmare! you have to switch back and fourth several times... It takes valuable minutes pulled over on the side of the road!
4.You have to turn text selection on or off in other programs.

The only place copy/paste works properly is in the office program "Word".

ES Time! (Efficiency Suggestion)
Please Fix COPY/PASTE! make it work like "WORD" uniformly in all programs!

Last edited by temblor; 02-25-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Copy / paste fix with the 6.5 rom update!?

Manila 2.5 has some sweet copy and paste stuff in it. Might wanna give yourself the 6.5 upgrade. Why wait for sprint?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

cant comment on sprint nav but i just copy/pasted from calendar and contact notes fine. you cant select it with the touch screen, hit the menu soft key, the edit, and you should see it
Old 02-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

temblor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
cant comment on sprint nav but i just copy/pasted from calendar and contact notes fine. you cant select it with the touch screen, hit the menu soft key, the edit, and you should see it
Thanks, I Changed post to say "TEDIOUS" to copy and paste in contacts and calander notes.

Lets say you want to copy a name, address and phone from an appointment, and paste it to your contacts.
You have to #1 "menu" #2 "edit" #3 "notes" #4 tediously tap on the side of the sentence to highlight it. #5 press & hold down (until the copy menu opens) #6 tap copy
Too many steps!

Also, what if the text you want to copy is "with-in" 2 sentences? then your only option is to tediously tap to select the whole paragraph! OR 1 word at a time! and switch back and forth between programs which makes it a 10,11 or 12 step process!

In the "Word" program (the best for copy/paste) you simply #1 Press and drag to highlight the exact text you need #2 press hold #3 select copy. that's it!

Much easier and efficient!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

want some cheese with that whine? not sure what to tell you man it is what it is and to answer you original question here and in you other gripe post, no the 6.5 update wont change your "issues", good luck though
Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

temblor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
want some cheese with that whine? not sure what to tell you man it is what it is and to answer you original question here and in you other gripe post, no the 6.5 update wont change your "issues", good luck though
Critiques bring results, insults bring.....

Anybody else have any constructive ideas how to pass the suggestions to Sprint?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:59 AM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

You might be interested in checking out this post by Chonster...hope it helps!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=15
Good luck!

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2