PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz
Exclamation Flashing roms problem

I just unlocked my tp2 today and flashed a couple roms on the problem Im having is that with the 6.5 builds from where the clock flips to right above the soft keys its all white and when i scroll over to programs its white all the way through like a pano white lol so I figured maybe its because the weather isnt set up so I set it up and then I lose the HTC Sense (gets stuck on the screen that says tap here to load htc sense). Anyone else experience these issues? or have a solution? Unfortunately Im with sprint and its looking like Im going to have to go custom rom if i want 6.5 so any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS> I can see the clock and where it says add location/alarm ect. but its behind it and below it that is all white. I cant see the call history and things like that.

PPS> I did do a hard reset and try to download roms 2x thinking it may have been a corrupt download.

Once again much thanks in advance!!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Flashing roms problem

im sure its not like that right after flash,so its something ur installing.maybe a clock thats not ment for that rom?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Which Roms are you experiencing this with? It sounds like a ROM related issue.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post
Which Roms are you experiencing this with? It sounds like a ROM related issue.
It is the sprint lovers stock rom I tried older builds and the newest one and it always does it.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Not too familiar with that one. Post a thread where you grabbed that and those ROM users should be more familiar with it.

In my flashing experience, some ROMS work well, then later ROMs act buggy, and I'll have to go back. Some work great, others are tricky.

Some people recommend flashing to stock then flashing a custom ROM, but I have never done this and have been happy.

If you are looking for a great ROM I would recommend Energy ROM Phoenix or Leo. Been using them for some time now and love em.

I have heard good things about Mighty Rom and Juicy, though I cannot vouch for them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Not too familiar with that one. Post a thread where you grabbed that and those ROM users should be more familiar with it.

In my flashing experience, some ROMS work well, then later ROMs act buggy, and I'll have to go back. Some work great, others are tricky.

Some people recommend flashing to stock then flashing a custom ROM, but I have never done this and have been happy.

If you are looking for a great ROM I would recommend Energy ROM Phoenix or Leo. Been using them for some time now and love em.

I have heard good things about Mighty Rom and Juicy, though I cannot vouch for them.
Good idea, Ill try that and let the person who made the other rom know for now I guess using a different rom is the way Ill have to go. Thanks again for the help.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro2

xXOahuBornXx is keeping up the good workxXOahuBornXx is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Yeah As He Says, Alot of Cooks recommend To Flash To Stock First than Custom Rom. Also some people say that If you Hard reset like 2 times before custom rom than after custom rom hard reset again(maybe 2 more times) and they Say that it helps it work better. Not sure if its True but Wont hurt to Try Right?

Dont Forget To Thank Those Who Helped You!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint tp2
Carrier: t-mobile

butter_my_toast is a n00b

can someone plz help me....i flashed my tp2 to a new rom and it was completed but right after when the phone resets it stays of and wont turn on period..not even the amber light comes on when charging the phone. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated...thx
Old 02-24-2010, 07:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_my_toast View Post
can someone plz help me....i flashed my tp2 to a new rom and it was completed but right after when the phone resets it stays of and wont turn on period..not even the amber light comes on when charging the phone. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated...thx
which rom did you flash? have you tried pulling the battery for a minute? have you tried a hard reset? have you tried putting it into bootloader mode?

Last edited by razorloves; 02-24-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint tp2
Carrier: t-mobile

butter_my_toast is a n00b

i forgot the rom i flashed because i was pissed after the fact that my phone wasn't working and delete it...i tried taking the battery out for a hour and still doesnt power on im not sure if im doin the right thing to get it into bootloader mode...thx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2