PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 HD
Carrier: Verizon

JukEboX is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JukEboX Send a message via MSN to JukEboX Send a message via Yahoo to JukEboX Send a message via Skype™ to JukEboX
Windows Phone 7 on HD2

So who is gonna start a ROM on this? I am excited to try this out on my phone.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:30 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7 on HD2

BEFORE YOU ASK SOME ONE TO COOK A ROM FOR YOU, TRY LEARNING HOW TO POST IN THE PROPER FORUM. sorry, i didnt mean to yell, some noob left my keyboard on all caps.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:36 PM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Uh bro its not even close to being released yet, so just hold your horses.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:38 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

not only is the hd2 us version not out, win phone 7 is not out yet. damn. double fail.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
not only is the hd2 us version not out, win phone 7 is not out yet. damn. double fail.
This may be a long shot but next to his name he putts:

"HTC Touch Pro 2 HD"

So I think he is thinking that it the TP2 is an HD2 >.>...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

<insert cute picture of failcat>
Old 02-20-2010, 08:08 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

According to MS themselves, No WM6.xx devices meet WP7's requirements. I know that XDA guys and PPCGeeks has done incredible things on WM devices, But if WP7 is built like the iPhones OSX, It prolly cannot be Ported to any other devices but a WP7 devices as well.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 02-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

like jethro said TP2 does not meet WM7 specs on quite a few accounts - some that pop up in my head are :
1) WM7 requires minimum Snapdragon CPU(1+ghz) - TP2 has 528mhz old crap cpu(meaning even when WM7 is ported to TP2 it will be dog sluggish(kinda like first sense 2.5 ports)

2) WM7 requires multitouch capacitive display - TP2 has resistive non-multi

3) WM7 has a certain GPU requirement - i am quite sure not the GPU used in TP2

4) WM7 requires FM radio hardware - TP2 (on sprint at least) does not have it and on other networkd its disabled

5) WM7 requires digital compass - TP2 doesnt have one

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 02-20-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
like jethro said TP2 does not meet WM7 specs on quite a few accounts - some that pop up in my head are :
1) WM7 requires minimum Snapdragon CPU(1+ghz) - TP2 has 528mhz old crap cpu(meaning even when WM7 is ported to TP2 it will be dog sluggish(kinda like first sense 2.5 ports)

2) WM7 requires multitouch capacitive display - TP2 has resistive non-multi

3) WM7 has a certain GPU requirement - i am quite sure not the GPU used in TP2

4) WM7 requires FM radio hardware - TP2 (on sprint at least) does not have it and on other networkd its disabled

5) WM7 requires digital compass - TP2 doesnt have one
he was asking about the touch hd2 =/ tp2 while meets almost all the requirements its tough to say if it will go wp7s. HTC leaked it would, resended the leak, so I have no idea what to think. I like the touch hd2 as a device but I also like some longevity out of it
Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
According to MS themselves, No WM6.xx devices meet WP7's requirements. I know that XDA guys and PPCGeeks has done incredible things on WM devices, But if WP7 is built like the iPhones OSX, It prolly cannot be Ported to any other devices but a WP7 devices as well.
Wasn't there a Twitter post about HTC revealing that the HD2 is getting the WP7 upgrade? Not to mention a few hints from microsoft?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/30/h...ade-but-other/

The HD2 does have all that is necessary to meet WP7 specifications.

That said the author of this thread is referring to the TP2 by the sound of things.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2