PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

orbxx7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK, I know some of you are going to kill me, but...

i am trying to use remote desktop on my bad ass touch pro 2 running mighty rom. the problem is- i have no friggin idea where to even start. i read and read through some forums, but they just dont make sence to me, ip adresses and stuff like that scare me. i just cant figure it out. can someone please help a fellow member in need?
btw- i installed NO Ip DUC from logmein.com and also set up an account, but got nowhere
thanks people
Old 02-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: OK, I know some of you are going to kill me, but...

http://www.portforward.com/english/a...sktopindex.htm
Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i followed the directions through that site and the links and still didn't get mine to work. but the little download test they have you run wouldn't ping either....
Old 02-20-2010, 05:26 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Make sure you enable remote desktop on the PC you're trying to use it with. You might also have to turn off the firewall
Old 02-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was just like you not to long ago...turns out I was makming it harder than it needed to be.

1) Like stated, you need to enable incoming connections on your computer. To do that you need to go into control panel, system, allow remote acces to your computer.

2) If you have a router you need to get in it (usually http://192.168.1.1) and go to "Applications and gaming." In there you need to add RDC to the apps list, then 3389 to the start and end ports, and your computers IP in the last part (which is found by going to Network and sharing, then the network you're in's Details and you're looking for the ipv4 address (in this example, 192.168.1.1xx).

3) To make connections easier, you should look into sites like DynDns.com where you can turn your internet ISP address (not to be confused with the router address) into a xxx.dyndns.com thats easier to remember.

4) Once all that is done you should be able to connect. On your TP2 RDC screen you should have:

Computer - ISP address or your created xxx.dyndns.ws
User Name - Name on your account as you log into the computer
Password - Password to your login
Domain - Empty

If you have more specific questions, let me know.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

orbxx7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I was just like you not to long ago...turns out I was makming it harder than it needed to be.

1) Like stated, you need to enable incoming connections on your computer. To do that you need to go into control panel, system, allow remote acces to your computer.

2) If you have a router you need to get in it (usually http://192.168.1.1) and go to "Applications and gaming." In there you need to add RDC to the apps list, then 3389 to the start and end ports, and your computers IP in the last part (which is found by going to Network and sharing, then the network you're in's Details and you're looking for the ipv4 address (in this example, 192.168.1.1xx).

3) To make connections easier, you should look into sites like DynDns.com where you can turn your internet ISP address (not to be confused with the router address) into a xxx.dyndns.com thats easier to remember.

4) Once all that is done you should be able to connect. On your TP2 RDC screen you should have:

Computer - ISP address or your created xxx.dyndns.ws
User Name - Name on your account as you log into the computer
Password - Password to your login
Domain - Empty

If you have more specific questions, let me know.

when i followed your instructions, i am stuck because on my router's setup, it gives me an error of "Input port format error !" i put in all my info for step 2 including my ipv4 address
Old 02-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What brand of router are you running?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Almost a VIP

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's really simple.

Find out your LAN address - 192.xxx
Find out your external IP address
Turn on remote desktop connections from your local computer
Create a rule on your router to forward all connections from your LAN IP address on the remote desktop port

Go to your Windows Mobile app and put in your external IP address in the Computer field -
user name is the name you use on your computer
I log into my system using a password. I would highly suggest if you are using RD, to install a password to log into your system for security sakes
Domain should be blank if you are on a home network.

HTH.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here is what I do to get it working on mine. I use logmein so not sure if this is different or what. I install the IE toggle I think its by Cody version 1.2 and then I install the ratrice cab. I think if you search you will find it. Then after those are installed. I open IE toggle and select pie and hit ok. It will then open Internet Explorer and from there just go to what site you use to remotely control your comp and start using it. lIke I said I use logmein so dont know if its the same for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2