PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noob:Alarm...not alarming?

I have searched and see that there are a couple of complaints about the stock alarm sucking but not much reasoning behind it.

So I am running stock sprint as of now atleast. And the last two mornings the darn thing hasn't even alarmed it just turns off the alarm at its appointed time and keeps on going. I set the time click ok and done and then click the power button to turn off the screen.
I tried testing it and when I do and get a little overeager and check it at that time or a minute or two over and click the screen on THATS when the alarm goes off...wtf

I just tried letting it turn the screen off by itself and setting the alarm...nada. Is this a known problem? Any fixes besides using a 3rd party software?

On another note, if you lock the screen is there anyway to make it so that you can just tap the screen and unlock as opposed to having to click the power button to turn on the screen first? For me atleast it seems redundant but I would rather touch to unlock then reach and click the top

Thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Noob:Alarm...not alarming?

try out g-alarm.. this is an older version but if you search you can find the newest/greatest
Attached Files
File Type: cab galarm_1.5.1.cab (2.04 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do you have the vibrate on turned on in the alarm clock?
Old 02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

This used to happen to me too a lot, my alarm just wouldn't go off for some reason. I was late for work a couple times & got so nervous that I bought a Baby Ben wind-up alarm clock, lol...

I'm curious as to what causes this though.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
do you have the vibrate on turned on in the alarm clock?
yeah vibrate is on...as in the option to vibrate the alarm, not the setting vibrate on the phone

lazydaze: thanks, yeah I was gonna try another program later and go away from the stock one but I was just wondering if there was any fix or something on my side that I was doing wrong

Last edited by itony; 02-16-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:35 PM

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try turnin the vibrate option off then try
Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

turned it off no go. tried manually and letting it auto screen turn off
Old 02-16-2010, 03:06 PM

oh. have you had this happen to you with more than one rom?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Dunno I will be doing my first flash tonight so I would have to let you know. I guess you could say then why does it matter right now But if I were to stay or not do it tonight then the alarm would still be a problem
Old 02-16-2010, 03:39 PM

if you dont, use g alarm for a temp fix

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2