PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 01:03 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cab: Ninja Duck Power Settings (save battery) - Updated (2010-03-13)

The attached cab does the following:
  • Turns power management on for Flash, Blue Tooth
  • Sets the backlight at 30% on battery and 40% on power
  • Sets the battery poll interval to 3 seconds - you could actually go higher
Click thanks if it helps you...

Changes:

Version 1.5
  • Disabled face down Mute polling
Version 1.4
  • Added more setting for Battery Polling and Error Reporting
Version 1.3
  • Corrected some settings thanks to: TaylorSPJ
  • Convinced to leave FATFS cache on
Attached Files
File Type: cab Ninja Duck Power Settings.1.5.cab (717 Bytes, 132 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 03-13-2010 at 11:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cab to set some basic power management settings

nice looking out man,

this is nice also as a template to tweak your own power settings aswell, WinCE cab manager or something similar and yea its late, that is all
Old 02-15-2010, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I noticed that in some of your registry key the "powersave" string appeared to have the wrong value....it was set to 0.....not sure if this was intended.....but in most cases 1 would enable that.....just thought i would point that out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:24 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post
I noticed that in some of your registry key the "powersave" string appeared to have the wrong value....it was set to 0.....not sure if this was intended.....but in most cases 1 would enable that.....just thought i would point that out.

Opps. Looks like 1.3 will be coming soon....
Old 02-15-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
Opps. Looks like 1.3 will be coming soon....
well i went ahead and modified those particular settings and some other strings values for power management that were set to disable...which are now enabled....still version 1.2.....your choosing to mod it to 1.3 if you wish....
Attached Files
File Type: cab Ninja Duck Power Settings.1.2.cab (1.2 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
  • Sets the backlight at 30% on battery and 40% on power
I understand the 30% on battery, but what difference does it make what it's set at while plugged in??

~John
Old 02-15-2010, 10:36 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I understand the 30% on battery, but what difference does it make what it's set at while plugged in??

~John
It has to do with charging time. I don't know about you, but my TP hits the charger sporadically. During these brief periods, the total charge possible is the current (500ma or 900ma with neuROM’s mod) minus the total discharge.

It is that simple…

I do understand that one size does not fit all.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post
well i went ahead and modified those particular settings and some other strings values for power management that were set to disable...which are now enabled....still version 1.2.....your choosing to mod it to 1.3 if you wish....

Thanks for taking care of this for me.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:12 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cab: Ninja Duck Power Settings (save battery) - Updated (2010-03-13)

how does v1.2 compare with this cab that i attached? which one would save more battery?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cab: Ninja Duck Power Settings (save battery) - Updated (2010-03-13)

Has anyone tried this on the stock Sprint 6.5 rom or is it too early to know if it helps?

Last edited by neudof; 03-19-2010 at 03:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2