PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Hidden SSID

YES I looked but doesnt answer my ?. My SSID is hidden and cannot open it for hackers locally.

Even setting the phone to telling it its hidden it does not find it.. Using dual band router.

setting the authentication & data encryption is autosetting key which is NOT correct. will not allow me to enter the network key..

erases it also if i enter then select the correct settings

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

Last edited by clueless25; 02-14-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: Hidden SSID

you cant tell me none of you knows how to force a setup on hidden ssid
Old 02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Hey Clueless dude, you can enter the set up manually.Just enter your SSID name and follow through,what is the hold up
Old 02-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

If that worked i would do it.. if you read my 1st [ost you'd see clicking that dissables the key box entry, putting it in first then clicking hidden wipes it out!! DUHHH....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Hey Clueless dude, you can enter the set up manually.Just enter your SSID name and follow through,what is the hold up
Old 02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
YES I looked but doesnt answer my ?. My SSID is hidden and cannot open it for hackers locally.

Even setting the phone to telling it its hidden it does not find it.. Using dual band router.

setting the authentication & data encryption is autosetting key which is NOT correct. will not allow me to enter the network key..

erases it also if i enter then select the correct settings

Hiding your SSID is not going to do squat against even a child hacker. Your primary defense should be your authentication @ WPA2-PSK or WPA-PSK. I don't know if you've ever played with WIFI Monster but it will locate and display hidden networks ALL DAY LONG. Don't waste your time use better encryption.

Droidrox39
Old 02-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you tried making it visible and connecting? Maybe the problem is your router, not your phone
Old 02-15-2010, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Na I had the exact same problem. Every laptop could connect without issue, but my TP just wouldn't. It was like it didn't see it. Like I said though it really doesn't matter its all in your head. The only real advantage is your regular Joe neighbor wont see your router on his laptop. Joe hacker will find the router either way, believe me I do it all the time.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

router has WPA2 but not psk.. on another note you have me thinking.. if i use wifi monster and it can find it and i use the wifi in the house.. isnt that opening the door on the router??

i am using wpa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Hiding your SSID is not going to do squat against even a child hacker. Your primary defense should be your authentication @ WPA2-PSK or WPA-PSK. I don't know if you've ever played with WIFI Monster but it will locate and display hidden networks ALL DAY LONG. Don't waste your time use better encryption.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

this is the first time in 2 yrs i've bothered to try & use the wifi... hacking is a serious issue around here because they dont just climb on for access they steal information.. its badddd around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Na I had the exact same problem. Every laptop could connect without issue, but my TP just wouldn't. It was like it didn't see it. Like I said though it really doesn't matter its all in your head. The only real advantage is your regular Joe neighbor wont see your router on his laptop. Joe hacker will find the router either way, believe me I do it all the time.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I cant follow this

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2