PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC MyTouch 3G Slide
Carrier: T-Mobile

ilyabyk83 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to ilyabyk83 Send a message via AIM to ilyabyk83 Send a message via MSN to ilyabyk83 Send a message via Yahoo to ilyabyk83 Send a message via Skype™ to ilyabyk83
Question Opera Mobile and Flash Player Problem

Hi people. I went to his one site on my HTC Touch Pro2, using Opera Mobile, the site has some animation on it. If I go to this site on my computer, I have no problems, but here I had one. The Browser said: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player" I went to Adobe website (on the device) and downloaded the plug. But it wouldn't install. What can I do here?? I want to watch some clips over the Internet; I connect to a Wi-Fi network.

Thank You People Very Much For Your Help!!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Opera Mobile and Flash Player Problem

Opera mobile does not support full Adobe Flash. That's why you are seeing the error

The only mobile browser that supports flash is Skyfire

get.skyfire.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC MyTouch 3G Slide
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

ilyabyk83 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to ilyabyk83 Send a message via AIM to ilyabyk83 Send a message via MSN to ilyabyk83 Send a message via Yahoo to ilyabyk83 Send a message via Skype™ to ilyabyk83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Opera mobile does not support full Adobe Flash. That's why you are seeing the error

The only mobile browser that supports flash is Skyfire

get.skyfire.com
Doesn't play them at all!! That browser at least told me that I need to download a plug, this one just has an empty white space where the clips is suppose to be.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyabyk83 View Post
Doesn't play them at all!! That browser at least told me that I need to download a plug, this one just has an empty white space where the clips is suppose to be.
Correct, it won't play them at all. There is no plugin. That's just a default message that flash throws up any time you don't have the right version of flash

Opera has a mini version of flash included called Flashlite, but it can only handle minor flash files (like ads and junk - nothing intensive like swf of flv files like youtube et. al.)

Fear not, though. Adobe is in the alpha-beta stages of creating a full flash platform for mobile phones expected out sometime this year. Once that's out, you'll be able to view any flash from Opera

But seriously, try Skyfire. It's been able to handle everything I've thrown at it
Old 02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i agree with what Eschelon regarding using skyfire browser. if you're looking to have a browser that plays flash, use skyfire. and don't bother trying to figure out how to dl the plug-in opera is telling you....because there isn't one.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

just note that depending on the quality of your wifi, skyfire might not like it. it won't even connect to my work wifi it's so slow (and if it does on the rare occasion it won't play sound).
Old 02-18-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

I have been using Skyfire for a while now.
I have to issues...
1. you cant use the zoom feature on the TP2
2. Certain streaming videos open a link when u click play and since skyfire doesnt open a new window you can only click back(megavideo)... then you press play and go it goes to the link again. Usually when watching it on the PC it opens a new tab (like OPERA) and u can just close that tab then play the movie.

Is there anything i can install to solve these two problems..?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2