PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen won't turn back on after suspend???

So randomly today my phone screen stopped turning back on after I would suspend it, I'm having to soft-reset it to get it to turn on again but then I can't turn it off without the screen not working again. I know it's just the screen because i can press the hardware keys and they light up and make the usual sounds.

I'm currently using the 02.10.10 version of MightRom but I've also reverted back to the stock Sprint rom and tried it, and also re-locked and unlocked the phone and tried it as well but with no avail.

Any ideas???
Old 02-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Screen won't turn back on after suspend???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty_Two View Post
So randomly today my phone screen stopped turning back on after I would suspend it, I'm having to soft-reset it to get it to turn on again but then I can't turn it off without the screen not working again. I know it's just the screen because i can press the hardware keys and they light up and make the usual sounds.

I'm currently using the 02.10.10 version of MightRom but I've also reverted back to the stock Sprint rom and tried it, and also re-locked and unlocked the phone and tried it as well but with no avail.

Any ideas???
I have read about other members having similar issues like this and it not being tied to a specific rom custom or stock. I have had it happen to me a few times using different roms and its very random, but if you are having this issue all the time then it may be something way worse so try and get it replaced if that the case.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

happened to me, sprint had no idea or solution .. that = brand new phone
Old 02-13-2010, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

happened to me, sprint had no idea or solution .. that = brand new phone
that's what it's lookin like for me, thank god for insurance and xda_uc! kind of dreading the process of taking the phone in though if they try feeding me any bs. that and not having a functional phone for a day!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

You are describing the well-known "failure to wake." The only way I've found to make the problem go away temporarily is to turn off Auto Adjust Backlight, then turn it back on again.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This has been discussed ad nauseum. It has nothing to do with a custom or a stock ROM - it is a problem that lies deep within Windows Mobile itself

The solution that seems to work 95% of the time is to just wait 10 seconds or so and then try to wake the phone again. It should usually kick right back up if you do that
Old 02-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i tried that auto adjust backlight thing & it didnt work not once .... ASSumed it to be a few other apps & settings & nothing changed after trial & error ... so after a hard reset & not 1 tweak to the phone problem happened again & everytime the screen went off thats how it stayed but lights worked & screen, although not illuminated was responsive .... scotty two i think thats something covered thru sprint not insurance so any1 is eligible. mine was a direct swap right over the counter to a brandy new phone .. had it been an insurance ida waited for phone in mail

Last edited by dumpringz; 02-13-2010 at 11:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i left my phone stock for a couple months before unlocking and flashing.... never had the failure to wake issue. after jumping into custom roms, i encounter this issue at least once a week. if i sit there tapping it a bunch of times it eventually comes back on. i dunno, seems weird that i went 2 months using it nonstop without the issue and now i have it frequently when i dont use it as much. coincidence? i don't know, all i know is i can't go without a custom rom so i'm not worried about it. as long as it works most of the time. just a thought.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Toliet Paper 2
Carrier: SpRint

jdmtsx is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty_Two View Post

Any ideas???

Below worked for me. I was having this problem and did the flash dance and my phone works fine now. Another thing that I did was that I didn't use xda_uc. Mighty did say that it could be sprint stock radio. Look through mighty thread for this. I hope this helps!

Originally Posted by jdmtsx
Could it be a cab that is keeping the phone in sleep? I haven't done a sim unlock so i haven't flashed any new radios and i have Sprint. My phone was sleeping and not waking up every 2-3 hours. Before the 2/4/2010 MM rom i wasn't having this problem. Maybe i'll revert to 2/1/2010 or before.
Not too sure bro. I just know that when I installed the Sprint stock radio my phone was working great. Afterward I did the flash dance (the extended version) Just to be sure.

Flash Stock
Hard reset
Clear Storage
Hard reset
Flash MM
Hard reset
Clear Storage
Hard reset

and my phone is faster than its ever been. I can barely touch my screen and it seems like the slider is already moving. Really responsive. I only added about 6 or 7 apps but I didnt use Sashimi or UC...I did it all the old fashioned way. Install cab....soft reset when prompted...and so on. I have to admit my phone is really quick. Im trying to not add too many cabs but I do want to try some new things to see what I like. I recently tried MoTweets and its niiiiice. The best Ive seen so far. And Office Assistant free from the market place. The market place is my new friend. A little wifi and Im set to go.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

Sometimes pulling the stylus out will bring it back to life for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2