PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

md_lieber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stocks Tab: Any way to display percent change by default?

I'm using the stock's tab pretty extensively in TF3D (I know it's not used by a lot of people, but for those that use it, it's great!) Anyway, the default display is stock price and then the current change highlighted and boxed in green or red. I care about percentages, and have no idea off the top of my what a $0.28 change on $54.43 stock is (I have 10 or so stocks listed, and their base prices vary greatly).

It's a pain to click on every box for every stock every time I go to the tab in order to see the percent change. I've searched with no success, so my question to you is: does anybody know how to change the default view as % change, and let tapping on the box reveal the $ change?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Stocks Tab: Any way to display percent change by default?

I feel your pain brother.
I don't have an answer for you but I feel your pain nonetheless.
All that clicking. It's almost as many clicks as dialing a long distance number.
You knowww.... With the 1+the area code then the number.... Sheesh. I only make local calls.
p.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

md_lieber is a n00b

Since I'm about 90% sure your being just being a sarcastic troll, I'll just point out that if you dialed the same 10-digit number every 15 minutes from 9am until 4:45pm you'd probably...oh, I don't know, want to put it on SPEED DIAL?!?

Stock tab auto-update range is from 5-30 minutes, so HTC obviously realizes some people may be checking it that often. Sure, sometimes I'm in front of my PC and I don't need to use my phone, but any day I'm away from my desk all day, it's something north of 400 clicks per day just to see the percent changes, which seems silly to me.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_lieber View Post
Since I'm about 90% sure your being just being a sarcastic troll, I'll just point out that if you dialed the same 10-digit number every 15 minutes from 9am until 4:45pm you'd probably...oh, I don't know, want to put it on SPEED DIAL?!?

Stock tab auto-update range is from 5-30 minutes, so HTC obviously realizes some people may be checking it that often. Sure, sometimes I'm in front of my PC and I don't need to use my phone, but any day I'm away from my desk all day, it's something north of 400 clicks per day just to see the percent changes, which seems silly to me.
I agree with you md I wish the stocks tab showed percentage change rather than unit change as well. Unit change is basically meaningless
Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

alarsuel is a n00b

This is going to sound dumb, but I didn't even know that you could click on the stock to get more info. But, yeah, a % on the main screen would be nice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2