PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:04 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VideoTones???

Okay so the TP2 is this high dollar device and is suppose to do so much and it does, but has anyone found a way in order to have video ringtones?? I had it once on a slider phone from sprint, but that was the only one I ever had. I loved that feature. I just download a compatible video for the phone and set it as a personal ringtone and when that person calls instead of just a picture the actual video would play. Can the TP2 preform this function??
Old 02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: VideoTones???

Hmmm I forgot about this. I could do this on my Samsung A900 and the old silver clamshell Samsung I had. I had to use this neat but sometimes annoying software to do it. I used to make some for my friends and board members on Sprintusers.

I would think MP4 would be the way to do it if possible. I will give it a try for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:00 PM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
Hmmm I forgot about this. I could do this on my Samsung A900 and the old silver clamshell Samsung I had. I had to use this neat but sometimes annoying software to do it. I used to make some for my friends and board members on Sprintusers.

I would think MP4 would be the way to do it if possible. I will give it a try for you.
Thanks. That would be great to have that feature for this phone. I bet it would look great.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

mp3ster is a n00b

i couldnt get it to work on my stock rommed tp2, possibly my mighty version... will post back results!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:23 PM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3ster View Post
i couldnt get it to work on my stock rommed tp2, possibly my mighty version... will post back results!
Ok cool. I hope it works. I too am running MM ROM. His last release is something Vicious. If this works it would be awesome!! If not.....this phone is still awesome!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well sorry. I tried a few different files but couldn't get it to work at all. I tried an MP4, WMV and a 3GP but all they did was olay the audio. I was suprised to see them in the Ringtones list though. I think the only way to get this to work would be to make it so that when you get a call it some how opens the video player. If only I knew how to create some way to do this. I should've went into Computer Science.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 AM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
Well sorry. I tried a few different files but couldn't get it to work at all. I tried an MP4, WMV and a 3GP but all they did was olay the audio. I was suprised to see them in the Ringtones list though. I think the only way to get this to work would be to make it so that when you get a call it some how opens the video player. If only I knew how to create some way to do this. I should've went into Computer Science.
Haha yeah man I appreciate all your help. I too tried many things and no luck. Hopefully someone is smart enough to figure out a way to make this happen. I too missed the Computer Science route and am heading to MIS land. Maybe someday Ill have enough info to zip this up. Thanks again bro!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Okay so the TP2 is this high dollar device and is suppose to do so much and it does, but has anyone found a way in order to have video ringtones?? I had it once on a slider phone from sprint, but that was the only one I ever had. I loved that feature. I just download a compatible video for the phone and set it as a personal ringtone and when that person calls instead of just a picture the actual video would play. Can the TP2 preform this function??
I tried researching this awhile ago - I really wanted a video ringtone of Fruity Oaty Bars! But was never able to find a way usingWindows Mobile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOdB1d0mg

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2