PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Kampfire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Won't Boot

My battery ran completely dead the other day and now my phone won't boot. (It is now fully charged) I get to the Windows 6.5 loading screen and it just reboots. I was running Juicy R8. I've tried the hard reset but the same thing happens. Any ideas? I haven't tried flashing a new rom but I don't see how I could do that anyway since it won't even boot.

Thanks,
Old 02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: TP2 Won't Boot

Put it in bootloader mode and then reflash
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Put the stock rom on your storage card, rename it RHODIMG.nbh and follow the instructions listed in the sticky at the top of the upgrades section- How to flash a rom from your SD card. Then flash back to whatever you want.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Put it in bootloader mode and then reflash
What drew said. Since your battery is good, bootloader mode and flash it. It need not be a stock ROM.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Kampfire is a n00b

Ok I tried reloading Juicy from the SD card and it says the load is successful. It doesnt restart on its own so I press the reset button the side. Does the same thing as before. Shows Touch Pro 2 screen then WinMo 6.5 then restarts and keeps restarting indefinelty. Any other ideas?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Kampfire is a n00b

Also on the first time it starts it says its starts preparing my windows experience. Could it be that my battery is borked?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I would load the stock ROM see what happens.

Droidrox39
Old 02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I would load the stock ROM see what happens.
Load the stock ROM. Running Juicy8 you should've seen the Orange Windows 6.5 screen shouldn't you have? If you're seeing the Green Windows 6.1 screen. There may be another issue, so definately try loading the stock ROM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Kampfire is a n00b

With Juicy I see the orange windows 6.5 screen then it reboots. Its on that screen for 2-3 seconds every time. I loaded the stock rom and the 6.1 shows up again for 2-3 seconds. Just tried mightyrom. Shows the Touch pro 2 screen, then the full mightyrom animation then the orange 6.5 screen and says configuring blah blah blah for 2-3 sec then reboots. Yar! anymore ideas? This all started because my battery was running dead. I used a usb cord and plugged into a computer. Woke up the next morning and this is what started.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Try plugging it into the wall... I had a bad charge adapter that caused weird issues.. battery said charged but wasnt.. used same battery, just different charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfire View Post
With Juicy I see the orange windows 6.5 screen then it reboots. Its on that screen for 2-3 seconds every time. I loaded the stock rom and the 6.1 shows up again for 2-3 seconds. Just tried mightyrom. Shows the Touch pro 2 screen, then the full mightyrom animation then the orange 6.5 screen and says configuring blah blah blah for 2-3 sec then reboots. Yar! anymore ideas? This all started because my battery was running dead. I used a usb cord and plugged into a computer. Woke up the next morning and this is what started.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2