PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PLEASE! ANY ROM with ALL NOTIFICATIONS working?! killing me!

hey guys, i been flashing non stop and EVERY rom i flash has a problem! even mightys! i dont care for sense 2.5. i dont care for 6.5.X i just NEED 6.5 with 2.1 thats flawless with notifcations and everything else. main reason is MY windows live EMAIL! i have it set to "as item arrives" and most of the time i get the email late, even tho its been sitting in my inbox for couple hrs. and when my phone does seem to get the mail NO NOFICATION except for that led light. yes i have all sound setttings right. everything works except for WMail! is there a rom that anyone can say works with all notifcation from experience. and yes before i flash most of the time i flash to STOCK than CLEAR STOARGE than NEW ROM than CLEAR AGAIN! and i still end up with problems. i dont care for anything fance. JUST ONE THAT WORK! im so close to just going back to 6.1 but i dont want to!

thanks for any input guys. i really appreciate it!

btw. malrom seems to be okay. but it happened a couple times where i got mail and didnt get a notification. however on his. the WM wouldnt work out the box. i had to go on his forums and there was a person who uploaded WM. and that worked. but still half the time. no sound notification.

Last edited by homamk; 02-08-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Re: PLEASE! ANY ROM with ALL NOTIFICATIONS working?! killing me!

maybe it's a windows live issue? try gmail and test notifications
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

you need to checkmark the notifications box inside your sounds&NOTIFICATIONS options.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, XV6800, XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

MTFmobile is a n00b

I have been battling this problem for years now with Microsoft, Audiovox, UTStarcom and now HTC and PCDPhones! Repeat notification is grayed out for all notifications except reminders and alarm. So this means that if you miss the first notification sound that’s it. At least the older WMD’s had better LED lights, but HTC Touch Pro2 has got to be kidding me a “flashing green LED”.
So I gave up and installed Phone Alarm for $7.95 (Try the Demo), works great!
Customize all notification and uses any sound! And does not eat up any resources like some of those $29.95 Alarm programs.
You will never miss anything again!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

homamk is becoming a great contributor

thanks for the comments. i do have that checked mighty. the text message and ever other notification is fine. problem is the mail notification half the time doesnt make it a sound. and not because iv missed it.. iv sent emails to myself to test it. sometimes they dont come in right away. sometimes it take the mail 30 even hours to update even though i have "AS ITEM ARRIVES" and when it does. sometimes it doesnt sound or do anything except for that led light. NOT TO MENTION i still get "sync FAILED" and have to restart device usually once a day to get rid of that message.
i just want a phone thats flawless. i thought tp2 would have that. but than again im running custom. hopfully sooon freaking sprint relases an official 6.5 that works! or id love to see that andriod come alive in this thing. im actually starting to concider the hero. big diffrence from tp2? advantages/disadvantages?

Last edited by homamk; 02-08-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So why not try this one without Sense UI?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109828
Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850

wirenut110 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by homamk View Post
hey guys, i been flashing non stop and EVERY rom i flash has a problem! even mightys! i dont care for sense 2.5. i dont care for 6.5.X i just NEED 6.5 with 2.1 thats flawless with notifcations and everything else. main reason is MY windows live EMAIL! i have it set to "as item arrives" and most of the time i get the email late, even tho its been sitting in my inbox for couple hrs. and when my phone does seem to get the mail NO NOFICATION except for that led light. yes i have all sound setttings right. everything works except for WMail! is there a rom that anyone can say works with all notifcation from experience. and yes before i flash most of the time i flash to STOCK than CLEAR STOARGE than NEW ROM than CLEAR AGAIN! and i still end up with problems. i dont care for anything fance. JUST ONE THAT WORK! im so close to just going back to 6.1 but i dont want to!

thanks for any input guys. i really appreciate it!

btw. malrom seems to be okay. but it happened a couple times where i got mail and didnt get a notification. however on his. the WM wouldnt work out the box. i had to go on his forums and there was a person who uploaded WM. and that worked. but still half the time. no sound notification.

So, what did you end up doing? Did you find a solution or did you learn to deal with it?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Try Mr. X 2.5
I haven't noticed any notification problems. It's stable and FAST! Even with Sense 2.5!!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pri

thrillz21 is a n00b

try this
forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109528
Old 03-10-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850

wirenut110 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillz21 View Post
try this
forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109528

downloading a 3rd party app (e-mail scheduler) and setting email to check every 5 minutes is not a fix. it's just a work-around that would more than likely kill my battery in a few hours.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2