PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

lowspeed is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which CDMA (Sprint) ROM has the best battery life?

I've notice that the original ROM is much better battery life compared to mightyrom.

Anyone can recommend a nice ROM with stock rom battery life ?

Am i asking to much ?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

But can the stock rom do everything the mighty rom does? Better battery with stock or a better rom with less battery. I am on pace to go 18 hours before my phone dies if I keep using it the way I have been for the last 9 hours on the mighty rom.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work
Re: Which CDMA (Sprint) ROM has the best battery life?

The MighyRom battery life has caused quite a stir in the official thread, but my personal experience blames the battery life on the bluetooth implementation in the Verizon ROM base.

I get *excellent* battery life on the 01/04/2010 version of MR.

For the later ROMs (1/20+), Bluetooth seems to kill the battery for some. Someone posted a fix which backports one of the Bluetooth files from the Sprint ROM to MightRom. Havnen't tried it yet.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I too get excellent battery life with MR. There are a lot of variables involved when trying to pinpoint the reason for poor battery life.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

lowspeed is becoming a great contributor

Mightyrom was great version dec 19th or so.
I tried the latest one and the thing is a battery suck.

4 hours and puff no more battery

Reverted back... all great. At first i actually thought the phone or the battery were defective.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I have had a really good experience on Neodium V4... I've tried almost everything, Mighty, Juicy, Medium Hill, etc, and in my experience, Neodium is super smooth and battery life is great... I get over 20hrs with push email on, and a MUCH better user experience than on stock... I couldn't stand stock personally...
Old 02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

I'll go with Silence 12 Rom... Crazy long batt life for me.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
The MighyRom battery life has caused quite a stir in the official thread, but my personal experience blames the battery life on the bluetooth implementation in the Verizon ROM base.

I get *excellent* battery life on the 01/04/2010 version of MR.

For the later ROMs (1/20+), Bluetooth seems to kill the battery for some. Someone posted a fix which backports one of the Bluetooth files from the Sprint ROM to MightRom. Havnen't tried it yet.
Which file?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Funny that Freeza just posted ahead of me..but, I have flashed a lot of different ROMs and the best battery life for me is with Freeza'a Bare 6.1 ROM..Crazy fast and great battery. No frills though. It's all up to you what you get out of that ROM. I run it plain jane with HTC Home or Mobile Shell it it def bests any other ROM out there in terms of the battery.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Funny that Freeza just posted ahead of me..but, I have flashed a lot of different ROMs and the best battery life for me is with Freeza'a Bare 6.1 ROM..Crazy fast and great battery. No frills though. It's all up to you what you get out of that ROM. I run it plain jane with HTC Home or Mobile Shell it it def bests any other ROM out there in terms of the battery.

lol thank you! reason I asked is because I updated to the vzw bluetooth stack 1.9.2.500, but I didn't replace the file responsible for the battery drain so looks like I got lucky lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2