PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
Garmin XT address issues, Google Local search wrong?

Has anyone had any issues with garmin XT and google local search? If I type in 5 address' of friends, 2 maybe correct, and the other 3 will be way off. Atleast 6 or 7 houses off. I also tried using google local. The information for my area atleast is very spotty. Did a simple search for walmart, and its off by 3miles. DId another search for the chili's thats in the walmart parking lot, and its off the same 3miles in the same location. So it shows them together but in the totally wrong spot.

Now for just driving, the gps location is spot on. I bought it off ebay but wouldn't think this had anything to do with it. It is an original copy.

Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Garmin XT address issues, Google Local search wrong?

garmin being a few houses off isnt a gps issue. its a map issue with the maps. its normal. i run garmin m-f 8hrs a day plus. some roads are dead on. some are off by a few. just basically who ever gathered the info for their maps sucked. lol

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 02-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This very issue was why I liked TomTom. Allowed User Correction Submissions for Map Errors.

Not sure if Garmin has the same type of deal or not. If they do, I have yet to see where you submit corrections.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work

well, it kinda makes the program useless. if i dont know where im going, how will i ever know if im at the right house? i guess u have to just go up and knock on the door.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Airhead315 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
well, it kinda makes the program useless. if i dont know where im going, how will i ever know if im at the right house? i guess u have to just go up and knock on the door.
On my planet the houses or the mailboxes in front of said houses have the house number displayed. You should talk to your world leaders about implementing the same on your planet.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

First of all, what map pack do you have? I have North America 2010.30 and I do not have this issue at all. Second of all, I don't really see the problem if the GPS is 30ft off at your destination. If you have an address, what is the problem with using your eyes and matching the number you inputed into the GPS with the number on the front of the house?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I see why your name is "airhead". As I stated, some things are 3 miles off. Not 30ft. I'm not going to hold up traffic behind me, nor am I gonna get out and walk and hunt a house because a gps/map program doesn't work correctly. Sprint navigator works flawlessly, and I see others have had issues with Garmin. SO it looks like its sprint navigator or maybe tom tom. I'll look to see what version maps I have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2