PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 01:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superman651 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost EVDO in my house!

Can someone help me. I have lived at my current residence for over a year and have had EVDO service. Just until recently (3 days ago) my Sprint TP2 wont stick on EVDO. I believe it I still have a Sprint signal just not EVDO. I have to wal nearly a block away to get back my EVDO signal. Like I said, I have always had it at my apartment but not anymore. Any ideas before I call Sprint? At my last place I wasn't able to have EVDO because I was right near a cell tower and since I was basically directly underneath it I was in a "blackout zone" I think the Sprint Rep told me. When I looked at there map on their website, my old apartment was in this little triangle which was not EVDO but literally a block away I could get it. The triangle (blackout zone) was in the middle of there EVDO coverage which went on for miles in all direction. Could I be in a "blackout zone" from a cell tower being put up nearby? Thanks for any help anybody can provide.

By the way, I love flashing and do it quite often. Could flashing be responsible for frying my 8gb sandisk micro memory card? Could flashing also be responible for my signal loss?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Re: Lost EVDO in my house!

no rom is responsible for signal loss

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had the same problem...I lost evdo on friday was was stuck in 1x....after no help from sprint I found a thread here about resetting the phone and letting it reprogram itself. You dial ##786# and choose reset from the menu. Enter your MSL and wait a few as it reprograms itself and hard resets. Afterwards I was back in 3G...
Old 02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Syph3r is just getting started

Unless you flashed a new Radio. That would definately affect your signal.

Heres what I would do if I were in your shoes:

1st Flash back to the stock sprint rom and radio...see if that changes anything.

2nd (which might be easier than the first) Find someone else with a sprint phone and see if they get EVDO at your house. That would be a sure fire way to know if your phone has a problem

Its not unlikely that the engineers in your area shifted a towers transmitters by your house. It sometimes happens when they create new towers, the grid has to get re-aligned or shifted because of another area with a deadzone.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor

This is interesting.. Thanks guys..
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

you could live where I do next to a couple of hackers hoggin up bandwidth and climbing on your phones computers ( including hardlined) Dam bassards

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Syph3r is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
you could live where I do next to a couple of hackers hoggin up bandwidth and climbing on your phones computers ( including hardlined) Dam bassards
Like sharks in a swimming pool! lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2