PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Puk????

i thought i saw one in my package, i will check, there has to be my friend
Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

here is the plactic thingy, no PUK iN the back, Sprint may have that. Usually it is there in all SIM cards I have seen, I use strictly GSM where I am at, no CDMA....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SIM.jpg (13.6 KB, 144 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I don't know about the Sprint phones, but I did not get anything holding the SIM, it was pre-installed in the device, same goes for my girlfriend's BB Tour worldphone. I have seen those before and know what you're talking about, but they aren't there, at least for VZW people.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:49 AM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

whats the diffrence between CDMA and GSM?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK91 View Post
whats the diffrence between CDMA and GSM?
Boy oh boy... You have lots of homework to do!

CDMA and GSM are 2 different cellular technologies.

In the USA, these carriers are CDMA:
Sprint, Verizon, USCellular

These carriers are GSM:
AT&T, T-Mobile

GSM is the technology that most carriers in other countries use. The beauty of the TP2 is that it can operate on BOTH GSM and CDMA networks, which makes it an international phone.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/gsm-vs-cdma.html
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...m-and-cdma.htm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

siff is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I don't know about the Sprint phones, but I did not get anything holding the SIM, it was pre-installed in the device, same goes for my girlfriend's BB Tour worldphone. I have seen those before and know what you're talking about, but they aren't there, at least for VZW people.
Your SIM card is already in your phone from the provisioning site in Verizon. If you take your battery off and look in the top right of your bat compartment you will see the actual SIM chip, same on your girls Tour.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by siff View Post
Your SIM card is already in your phone from the provisioning site in Verizon. If you take your battery off and look in the top right of your bat compartment you will see the actual SIM chip, same on your girls Tour.
I know where it is, and that is what I said if you re-read my post. It doesn't come with the card that you pop the SIM out of that supposedly has the PUK on it. As far as I'm aware, all CDMA TP2s came with the SIM pre-installed and do not have the card the user needs with the PUK.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 AM
KrisK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Boy oh boy... You have lots of homework to do!

CDMA and GSM are 2 different cellular technologies.

In the USA, these carriers are CDMA:
Sprint, Verizon, USCellular

These carriers are GSM:
AT&T, T-Mobile

GSM is the technology that most carriers in other countries use. The beauty of the TP2 is that it can operate on BOTH GSM and CDMA networks, which makes it an international phone.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/gsm-vs-cdma.html
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...m-and-cdma.htm
thanks for clarifing that for me. but why would you want to do that?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

The tp2 is a world edition phone. GSM is used in other countries. So if you want to use your phone around the world you need a sim card to use the GSM networks.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:48 AM
lwrdrchvy2

The PUK code is only available from your carrier. If you call them or take the phone into a store they should be able to enter it for you. I work for t-mobile and people constantly bring their phones in for the code because they let someone mess around with it and got locked out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2