PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2010, 03:31 AM
erick10's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 138
Reputation: 15
erick10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with my keyboard backlight?

Ok so whenever I type a message, my keyboards backlight turns on but after multiple Keypresses on the kb, the baclight turns off for a second or two but then turns on again. Is this normal? Ive had a Tmobile Wing, Sprint Mogul, Touch Pro and non had this problem. Honestly its quite annoying.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2010, 03:41 AM
rxb216's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 126
Reputation: 25
rxb216 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problem with my keyboard backlight?

hmmm, i am experiencing this also, and just hard reset too and still seeing it...
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2010, 06:31 AM
ezln0423's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: mongul> touch > diamond > touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 251
Reputation: 300
ezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to ezln0423
Re: Problem with my keyboard backlight?

try this and let me know if it help:
start> settings> personal> buttons and in buttons go to the back light tab and make sure its not mark (eneble keyboard backlight auto sensor).
hit thanks if it helped lol
__________________

Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 AM
imnuts's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,098
Reputation: 2745
imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problem with my keyboard backlight?

By default, the keyboard backlight uses the light sensor to determine how bright to light up and/or be on at all. Not sure where the sensor is, but it is quite easy to cover it up with your hand while typing. When I use my keyboard, the backlight is constantly changing. Try this cab which will disable the keyboard light sensor to see if the backlight stays on for you. After installing, soft reset your phone and the keyboard backlight should now be either on or off.

EDIT: That could work too ^^^
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2010, 08:57 PM
erick10's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 138
Reputation: 15
erick10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problem with my keyboard backlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
By default, the keyboard backlight uses the light sensor to determine how bright to light up and/or be on at all. Not sure where the sensor is, but it is quite easy to cover it up with your hand while typing. When I use my keyboard, the backlight is constantly changing. Try this cab which will disable the keyboard light sensor to see if the backlight stays on for you. After installing, soft reset your phone and the keyboard backlight should now be either on or off.

EDIT: That could work too ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezln0423 View Post
try this and let me know if it help:
start> settings> personal> buttons and in buttons go to the back light tab and make sure its not mark (eneble keyboard backlight auto sensor).
hit thanks if it helped lol
Thanks alot guys, It was actually wat Ezln0423 said. Damn I feel like a noob lol.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2010, 10:47 PM
ezln0423's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: mongul> touch > diamond > touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 251
Reputation: 300
ezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to ezln0423
Re: Problem with my keyboard backlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick10 View Post
Thanks alot guys, It was actually wat Ezln0423 said. Damn I feel like a noob lol.
np mate and it happens i was like wtf until i read it somewhere lol glad i helped
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com