PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Oh No Cracked Touch Pro 2 Housing!!!

I certainly wouldn't swap it out over that. The replacement might have real issues. I'd just use it as a character-builder, to help break any tendencies to micro-analyze things (sort of an OCD cousin). Personally, I do the same with new cars. I wait either until a serious issue comes up, or a whole lot of little ones, before I run back for warranty work. Life is too short.......
Old 01-29-2010, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

just checked mine and its beginning to form the same cracks in your pic. oh well, at least the phone still works.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Put it in a Seidio Innocase & don't worry about it.

~John
Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Honestly they are not gonna replace it just for those cracks. There is not a posted known issue like on the touch pro. And even those has a ESN range of affected devices. That known issue was for Chipped chrome resulting from a drop of 10 inches or less.

I personally think it could be stress cracks from tilting the screen up. Think about it the next time you tilt the screen up. Where to you put pressure to tilt? When I tilt my screen up I usually slid the screen open using thumbs, then use my pointing finger to tilt while my thumbs still stay on the bottom of the slide. But thats just my theory.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: N/A

htcboy is a n00b

I feel your pain I had a similar thing happen to me and after speaking to HTC, I was so pissed; I sent them a picture of the damage and they would not honor the warranty. I had to deal with Assurian insurance and pay $100 deductible. Something is going on with these phones. Must be a manufacturing defect.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post
Honestly they are not gonna replace it just for those cracks. There is not a posted known issue like on the touch pro. And even those has a ESN range of affected devices. That known issue was for Chipped chrome resulting from a drop of 10 inches or less.

I personally think it could be stress cracks from tilting the screen up. Think about it the next time you tilt the screen up. Where to you put pressure to tilt? When I tilt my screen up I usually slid the screen open using thumbs, then use my pointing finger to tilt while my thumbs still stay on the bottom of the slide. But thats just my theory.

That is a sound theory. I would like to second this.

And from running a few US Cellular stores, I can tell you this for sure. There's not one Sprint rep who will believe that isn't physical damage caused by the owner. It's just what we are pre-programmed to think. Sorry about your phone =(
Old 01-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

That sucks... for some reason my battery door got cracked and i have no idea how lol
Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

The Lance is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to The Lance Send a message via MSN to The Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post

I'm not too worried about it. It doesn't bother that much.. It's barely noticeable.. unlike the battery cover stain...

but nope its not from the tilting screen. that's cause I don't ever use my tilt function, and the stress isn't there at all. I think it may have been there cause it fell a couple of times off the passenger seat of my car onto the floor when I brake hard.. Always in a case though so no chips.. whatever I don't care enough. I was just making sure it wasn't a well known issue or something. Cause It looks like its just stress fractures from god knows what. Its just all theories..
Old 01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

malacor is a n00b

I also have the same cracks in mine. And I've never dropped mine, not even a scratch on it. I noticed the cracks about 2 months after I bought it. It looks to be a defect in the phones. I haven't worried about it yet because it doesn't seem to be pulling away from the phone or anything. Just a few hairline cracks in the exact same place as the above pictures.

Oh, and I don't tilt my screen up very often. Probably less than 20 times since I bought it in Aug. So I don't think it has anything to do with that.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thats a case dropped phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2