PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138
Verizon 6.5 and Yahoo mail - Phone practically bricked

Ok,
so I've done my research beforehand, but if I missed something I apologize. Heres the deal:

I upgraded to the stock 6.5 rom from Verizon. I had previously had 2 e-mail accounts 1 from an Exchange server, the other from Yahoo. The exchange e-mail is fine, however, the Yahoo is screwed up. It is set to download the entire message, sans any attachments, for the previous 3 days. After about 3-4 days of use, the phone decided to download all of the messages in the Yahoo mail account, approx 22000 of them. The phone gets all kinds of hot, freezes up, and requires a battery pull to unlock it. So when I try to boot back up, it takes ages for Sense to come up, and when it does, I can't get it to leave the home screen, the clock is frozen, and the phone is 100% non-functional...call/messages do not make it in.

I did a hard reset on the phone a few days ago which cleared up the issues, but now, 4 days later, it's happened again.

Verizon said its the Yahoo mailbox, and I need to delete messages. HTC told me to piss off, so now it looks like I am about to hard reset the phone again much to my dismay. The next step is to call the company who released the update, but I'm sure they are going to tell me the same thing. At this point, I am out of ideas, so any you have would be most appriciated.

Razgriz
Old 01-28-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

trance2002 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Verizon 6.5 and Yahoo mail - Phone practically bricked

I wish I had a solution but I can only empathize. I had the exact same problem running Juicy R3 through R6. After deleting the account or a hard reset the same problem kept coming back after a few days. I gave up on Juicy even though I like his ROM and I have been running Mighty War now for a couple of weeks and haven't seen the problem return. Maybe you should give one of his ROMS a try and see if you luck improves.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rocketman99 is a n00b

I had that happen to me a couple of times on the Saga I had before the TP2. What I did was when it started to download everything was to select "stop send/receive" from the menu. Give that a little bit and if it doesn't stop just soft rest the phone. Next time I checked mail it worked fine. Of course YMMV.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

Well, I called PDC (makers of the new Romset) and they told me to hard reset, and reflash....guess we'll see.

Razgriz
Old 01-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

3050 is a n00b

I don't believe its ROM specific. I'm using MM 1/13 currently and last night same thing happened. That is all the contents of my yahoo mail account were DL'ed and froze my phone reguardless that its set to receive 1 days worth of mail. Its happened in total 3 times, 1st time on MM 12/6 and twice now on the MM 1/13.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Its not rom specific at all. Its your Yahoo Pop account. This is what you can do and it will, fix your problem. Log into your Yahoo web mail and make a folder for a temporary basis. Say, Saved inbox. Move all your inbox emails to that folder. Log off you webmail and now, on you computer with any email client setup a pop account with the same email that you have setup on your phone. One setup, run it and let all email dump to the email client. Make sure you have the advanced settings selected to remove mail from server after downloading. This will purge the inbox on the yahoo or att yahoo pop server. With that said, you should now have a clean inbox. Now hard reset your phone and re setup your yahoo mail account. You should be good. Now log back into your yahoo web mail account and moved your saved inbox items back to your inbox folder not the saved inbox folder on the server. The question here is do you only use web mail and do you need to keep all your old email on web email? Are you cool with downloading it all to a local email client and purging it all together from web mail? Also you could have a corrupt email considering it is dumping all those emails to your phone. I have seen this many times. It is an easy fix, the question is do you care about keeping all your old email in your root pop inbox.

Oh and your phone is far from bricked, but with that many emails, hah you have no storage space left...
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 01-28-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

3050 is a n00b

Ok I think I follow you. Can this be done without mail plus? Are you saying use imap.mail.yahoo.com for incoming and smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com for outgoing to dump the pop server using a PC email client?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

skhan is a n00b

Has anyone found a fix for this. I have Sprint 6.5 and I have the same problem. What I ended up doing is going into Inbox menu -> Tools -. Clean "Yahoo". This will only remove the mail from the phone and not from the server.

After that is done, do a send/receive and the new mail will start working again. But this becomes a pain since mine is setup to purge every 7 days. And like clockworks, I have to purge every 7 days.

Wish someone could write a scheduler for that to remove the old ones. Not sure if WM is supposed to perform the purge by itself.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you go into the settings or options for email there is a setting for deletion options that you can set so when you delete a message on your device it will also delete the message from the server.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2