PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx
Just joined the TP2 crowd.

I will be moving from the TP to the TP2, and after browsing around these forums WOW, a LOT different than the T.P. forums. I see some familiar faces
(to me anyways)

Im going to start reading some sticky topics and such, but I do want to ask for advice. Solid advice in general about getting the TP2 tweaked to the max although it is my understanding it is not as hard to do as the T.P. was lol, at first anyways.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Just joined the TP2 crowd.

to save alot of time be surevto install goodthings2life's clean up cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
I will be moving from the TP to the TP2, and after browsing around these forums WOW, a LOT different than the T.P. forums. I see some familiar faces
(to me anyways)

Im going to start reading some sticky topics and such, but I do want to ask for advice. Solid advice in general about getting the TP2 tweaked to the max although it is my understanding it is not as hard to do as the T.P. was lol, at first anyways.
its a warzone in here! glad to have you
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
(to me anyways)

I suggest that you wait on the upgrade at this point. Sprint is still sitting on the WinMo 6.5 upgrade...and I have a feeling that by the time that upgrade comes, we'll have more "evidence" that WinMo7 is around the corner. Not to mention the rumored HTC Supersonic "supposedly" heading to Sprint running Android 2.1 in a HD2 body...capable of 4G *drool....* If you can live wiht your TouchPro for a few more months...I would wait.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b

Phylllyxx,

I too just got mine about a week ago, from the tp1, I'm still running stock (I'm sure you saw the thread, they have a stock {from privider Sprint or Vzw} 6.5 release out). I love everything except the new phone book (sense contacts book).

you will love the pro2, at least for me, everything friggin works for once!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
I suggest that you wait on the upgrade at this point. Sprint is still sitting on the WinMo 6.5 upgrade...and I have a feeling that by the time that upgrade comes, we'll have more "evidence" that WinMo7 is around the corner. Not to mention the rumored HTC Supersonic "supposedly" heading to Sprint running Android 2.1 in a HD2 body...capable of 4G *drool....* If you can live wiht your TouchPro for a few more months...I would wait.

Too late to wait. I got upgraded to the TP2 from the TP1 for free today lol!! Just waiting on it to be shipped and arrive to me haha.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work

im waiting for my free tp2 replacement as well. this will be fun!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post
im waiting for my free tp2 replacement as well. this will be fun!
I'm thinking dubbing it flash frenzy.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

just dont ever mention the iphone or android in here and you will be fine haha.

welcome man its a great upgrade, enjoy!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:29 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Welcome to the TP2 world, its a great device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2