PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cshaff34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it MY TP2 or do others have problems with cooked ROMS?

Ok, I have tried and tried many different ROMs that have been created by some amazing chefs here on PPC geeks. But, it seems that I always have issues after I flash to them on my Sprint TP2....does anyone else have continued problems like I do??

I have tried just about everyone in the CDMA ROM section (MM, Energy, Juicy, Caulkins, etc, etc) and continue to have problems with about everyone. I am trying most of the 2.5 builds since I am interested in the "extras" that it provides. It is just frustrating since it appears that as I read through these posts, that many people have flawless and improved capabilities of there phone and LOVE THEM!

I, on the other hand, have had continued issues with freezing of the phone, flip clocks that stick, Outlook not syncing, push mail not working, bluetooth not functioning properly and decreased speed of the phone.

Is it just my phone or do others have the same issues when the flash??

I know, I know...wait for the official Sprint release of 6.5....I am just anxious and wanted to try some of these amazing cooked roms that seem to work for everyone else.

Thanks for letting me vent......

I am interested it hearing others experiences......anyone else?????
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Re: Is it MY TP2 or do others have problems with cooked ROMS?

it just might be programs or tweaks you are installing

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor

Are you doing a hard reset after installing the custom ROM? Some chefs recommend flashing first to stock ROM before flashing to a custom ROM.

I've been using MightyRom 01132010 for 2 weeks with no issues at all.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

well depends on wat rom ur using... each rom has different version and not all r stable... lets say the nrgz rom 21889 is a lil bit more buggy then the 23518 that im using! so try different build on the same rom and see which one fits u better!

i know the phase is a lil complicated to figure out but it just u have to try out different build of the same rom (take it from me wit experience on that one ! lol )

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I had problems with heavily loaded roms.
I add quite a bit of stuff so I know that doesn't help, but I went to a much simpler cleaner 6.5 rom with 2.5 style interface and I love it, no issues for the 2 days running it so far.
Maybe give Neodium a try.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

AngeloUCF is a n00b

Same issues here, my main complaint is the lag when texting. I have not yet tried a rom (stock or otherwise) that doesn't have a huge texting lag when opening a text or creating a new one. It really pisses me off. And then the lag when typing that goes along with it…. But anyway you're not alone. I'm a big winmo fan but the shitty proc in the tp2 just can't handle it.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO 4G

newvet is becoming a great contributor

Most of the custom roms I run work extremely well. 2.5 builds are my favorite but I notice some delay when starting a txt. Also If you are restoring lots of old txt messages, that seems to slow down most of the 6.5 roms I have tried.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

cshaff34 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
I had problems with heavily loaded roms.
I add quite a bit of stuff so I know that doesn't help, but I went to a much simpler cleaner 6.5 rom with 2.5 style interface and I love it, no issues for the 2 days running it so far.
Maybe give Neodium a try.

It's good to see that othera also do have the same issues. alex jb to answer your question - neodium was the stray that broke the camels back.....I just tried this one last night and it froze my flip clock and pushmail stopped working (and was very slow).

I have tried a few other builds of other chefs, but again, just can't seem to get one that doesn't cause sometype of MAJOR functioning problem.

Again, thanks for everyone chimming in on this....makes me feel better and that patience will certainly be a virtue.......COME ON SPRINT OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

If you just want the official Sprint 6.5 release, you can basically get that in the 6.5 sense 2.1 ROM's that are out there and rock solid, however you mention you want the 2.5 for the extras, but that's not what Sprint is gonna release... 2.5 is buggy, no way around that, 2.1 is solid.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

If you think the Sprint official release is going to save you from these headaches than you have clearly mistaken Windows. There will be bugs no matter what you do. Even home desktop computers can be buggy and have problems of their own from time to time. The Touch Pro 2 Windows Mobile is a computer the size of your hand. Do the math.

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2