PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

MadM3rlin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP2 on Verizon. 1 company 10 stories

Where to begin. I have a Sprint TP2 that I have unlocked and flashed over to verizons rom and radio. All I need to do now is have it activated on verizon's network. I am getting multiple stories from them.

1. It has to be shipped out to a lab and it will be sent back 4-6 weeks later activated.
2. It's not possible, we only active Verizon phones. Your meid is not being found in your database.
3. Certain departments can add your meid to our database. We can't
4. We cannot activate sprint phones.

I was under the impression verizon had an open network? I'm at the point of frustration. Someone tried to add it to their DB and they said that it wouldn't take. Another person said the department that handles this is not open now and that I would be emailed on monday with a follow up. I now have the number for global activations if anyone needs it.

I currently use a blackberry with verizon. I've been a customer for 6 months, so Global activations should have no problems helping me apparently.

Can anyone share any hints or tips?

Thank you.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Sprint TP2 on Verizon. 1 company 10 stories

The only way it is ever going to work is to have a VZ tech add the MEID to their database.

Why are you trying to use a sprint phone on VZ anyway??

~John
Old 01-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MadM3rlin is a n00b

I was given one as a present. I have verizon as my wireless carrier. So a tech in a store?
Old 01-23-2010, 11:43 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadM3rlin View Post
I was given one as a present. I have verizon as my wireless carrier. So a tech in a store?
No. I have been battling this for some time. I am working the VP route these days and seeing if I can get some movement.

General techs no longer have the ability to add to the database. It was locked out in a system upgrade. If I ever figure out who can still do it, I will post it here.

For me it is a matter of principal. I have a Verizon TP2 already, but there is no f-ing reason why they should not let me use a phone on the service I pay for if I am capable of making it work.

Sorry - I get pretty passionate about this issue. Especially since they actually let you send your phone out for 4-6 weeks just so they can say no. Why not just say no from the start.

The whole process is a result of a class action suit. You can read about it yourself = do some searching...
Old 01-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MadM3rlin is a n00b

My apologies. I've been dealing with this all day, on the phone and in the store. I was at my wits end when I posted the thread. I'll do some more research. Alot of the research I've done states that I have to get someone at VZ who is nice to just do it.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:24 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

no appologies. please.... I am hardly snapping at you.

I would not waste my time if I were you. Sell it on eBay and buy a VZ one on eBay instead.

Best of luck.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10
The only way it is ever going to work is to have a VZ tech add the MEID to their database.

Why are you trying to use a sprint phone on VZ anyway??

~John
+1 i agree

Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Yeah, it used to be a piece of cake activating a Sprint Windows Mobile phone on Verizon, you could do it yourself. Then Verizon updated their system and it won't let you anymore.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MadM3rlin is a n00b

I'm at the point where it seems putting my blackberries ESN on my TP2 is the easiest solution.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:43 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadM3rlin View Post
I'm at the point where it seems putting my blackberries ESN on my TP2 is the easiest solution.
thats usually the last best hope. i wouldnt go announcing it to loudly though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2