PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 02:56 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Am I Crazy? My Dilemma, Kinda?

Okay here goes.
My girlfriend doesn't like her phone, so I asked her to let me pick out her next phone. I have a Touch Pro 2 and was eligible for an upgrade, she's not. I decided to get a phone on my account which I will use for 30 days and then switch it to her account Nice guy huh?

Well I got the Samsung Moment and now I'm confused if I want to give it up and go back to my Touch Pro 2!!!!!!

So am I crazy to want to give up the Touch Pro 2, let her have that and keep the Samsung Moment for myself? Gosh I just don't know which I like better... yeah the WVGA is awesome on the Touch Pro 2, keyboard is nice and spacious... not like I can't get used to the Moment's keyboard... I actually like the HTC Sense 2.1 too... not that I can't get used to Android... UGH!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Am I Crazy? My Dilemma, Kinda?

How is the Samsung Moment performance compared to the TP2? Is it snappier? Is the web browser faster?

Keep the phone you like the most; it's that simple.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2k1 View Post
How is the Samsung Moment performance compared to the TP2? Is it snappier? Is the web browser faster?

Keep the phone you like the most; it's that simple.
Much snappier, web browser seems faster too...
You're right, it is that simple... 'cept I can't decide (yet) which it is the most I like though...

You did break it down for me though... snappier, better web experience, syncs both exchange and google accounts (which I have both of) and plenty of free apps...
Old 01-22-2010, 04:22 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

In my experience you'll soon find out within those 30 days what you really miss on the TP2, what you can live without, and what is much better on the new unit. If I had to make a snap decision I'd stay with what I'm comfortable and familiar with for now. But you've got 30 days man....play with it and as they say "time will tell"

Old 01-22-2010, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass

just out of curiosity, how's that amoled screen on the moment? How much better does it look vs the tp2? cuz honestly I LOVE the tp2 screen, so crisp, I can't even imagine what an amoled looks like...

rockin out with MaxSense
Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

I know ur dilema, I was gonna upgrade my old phone (TP1) to the Moment cuz I can't do without a KB. Luckily my TP1 was replaced with a TP2 so I'm ok for now. Please keep us up to date on your observations as my wife's current phone (BB Pearl) is due to be upgraded soon.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Why don't you just give her both and ask her which one she likes more? You did this all for her, right? So shouldn't the decision lie with her? Keep whichever one she doesn't like. When it's your turn, or you don't like a phone, you can get a new one
Old 01-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
Why don't you just give her both and ask her which one she likes more? You did this all for her, right? So shouldn't the decision lie with her? Keep whichever one she doesn't like. When it's your turn, or you don't like a phone, you can get a new one
eff that its your upgrade and your choice. she should be glad your nice enough to give a her a phone of any kind anyway

it will be another 2 years before you can upgrade again
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
In my experience you'll soon find out within those 30 days what you really miss on the TP2, what you can live without, and what is much better on the new unit. If I had to make a snap decision I'd stay with what I'm comfortable and familiar with for now. But you've got 30 days man....play with it and as they say "time will tell"
No argument there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiass View Post
just out of curiosity, how's that amoled screen on the moment? How much better does it look vs the tp2? cuz honestly I LOVE the tp2 screen, so crisp, I can't even imagine what an amoled looks like...
This display is very bright and crisp sometimes though, with black background and white font the white font is too bright for my eyes in a dark room. Dark room = only light in room is from phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
I know ur dilema, I was gonna upgrade my old phone (TP1) to the Moment cuz I can't do without a KB. Luckily my TP1 was replaced with a TP2 so I'm ok for now. Please keep us up to date on your observations as my wife's current phone (BB Pearl) is due to be upgraded soon.
Once you go slideout QWERTY keyboard, you'll never go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
You're right about that, she's going to enjoy either phone compared to what she has now Sayno Katana II. To me that is a huge jump in technology. She wants to use the TP2 while I'm using the Moment so she might fall in love with the TP2

Don't get me wrong, the TP2 is a very nice phone and the WVGA is a nice and large

The Moment has a smaller screen, both can still run MP4s for video and this sample I have attach looks and runs very smoothly on both devices, I know it's not a long video clip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sample.zip (1.84 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

U cant get the Moment on sero right? Thats the only reason I am on the TP2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2