PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Quick question about the Contacts categories on WinMo+Outlook 2007

I am getting all my contacts from my Treo over to the new TP2, using Outlook 2007, and I synced them last night, but the Categories has me confused.

In Outlook 2007 there are colour-coded categories (red, blue, green, orange, purple, yellow by default). However, when I edit a contact on the phone and tap on the Categories field, I get Business, Holiday, Personal and Seasonal. Where are these categories coming from, how do I get rid of them and make my own and have them sync with Outlook?

Thanks a ton for any help
Old 01-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Re: Quick question about the Contacts categories on WinMo+Outlook 2007

I came from a Palm TX and ran into similar problems. If I recall correctly, I had to go into Outlook 2007 and basically re-do the Categories there. If you double-click on a Contact, and then click on Categories...All Categories...you'll be able to edit the names of the color categories there, make them what you want, and assign them how you want. Somehow, Outlook 2007 doesn't add your original Categories to its "Master List" and so you have to do it manually.

Then, the next time you ActiveSync, the revised Contact Info from Outlook 2007 should then go to your phone, and you should be good to go. But as always, I would definitely back everything up before-hand in case things get messed up.

Hope this works for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks DLCPhoto, yeah I had to do the same, it is working great now. However, the Seasonal/Holiday categories remain on the TP2, I can't find how to get rid of them (not a big deal, they are just unnecessary for me).
Old 01-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Glad it worked out for you.

Are you having any issues with the Calendar? I'm having all sorts of glitches:

In Outlook 2007, I've created an entry for one of my grandkids birthdays, but it doesn't seem to transfer to the TP2 at all

My wife's birthdate shows correctly in Outlook 2007's Contact Info, June 1st, and appears correctly in the calendar. But in the TP2 Contact Info, it shows May 31st as her birthday, and appears on the calendar as January 1st. WTF!!??

I entered a series for a vacation we're talking in Outlook 2007, and it transfers over to the TP2, but both the start and finish date are 1 day too early!!

I don't know if this is related to the 2016 Messaging bug, but I wonder...
Old 01-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Hmm, nope, no calendar issues so far, that's some wierd stuff you're experiencing. I wonder if you might need to do a hard reset or something, start fresh and just restore the other PIM data? I am having a strange issue with Tasks displaying funky start/due dates, though: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107981
Old 01-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Regarding hard reset/restore - been there, done that. You can see several different threads on this subject, where many others are having similar glitches in Calendar performance. Actually I've been following your Tasks thread - very odd.

There seems to be some underlying glitch in ActiveSync that is creating all of this, whether it be Calendar, Tasks, Messaging, etc. Maybe more than one bug...who knows...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2