PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

DanInSD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon WM 6.5 Opera browser issues

Hi, everyone. I am thoroughly enjoying my new TP2. I have a pretty much stock system except for Mobile Shell and a few apps (e.g. Total Commander). The only "hack" I have done is to allow Opera to be shut down.

I am seeing some strangeness with the Opera browser and wanted to see if they were common.

- Links won't activate until I zoom in a bit
- The screen spontaneously zooms when I want to scroll (sometimes); especially when a page is still loading (NOT touching the zoom bar).
- No way to have the device report itself as "mobile" as with earlier versions of the browser; so web pages can take forever to load.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Dan
Old 01-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Re: Verizon WM 6.5 Opera browser issues

With reference to having to zoom in in order to click on a link, you can edit Opera.ini, specifically:
[Adaptive Zoom]
Minimum Overview zoom=85

The original value, I believe, is 60. This enables me to click on a link without zooming, although depending on the size of the link, it is sometimes still helpful to zoom in.

While you're in there, you can also change the default maximum number of tabs:
Maximum Allows Tabs=

The default is 2, and I have mine on 5; some like more.

If you "double-tap" the screen, that will initiate a zoom without touching the zoom bar, so I suspect that's what's causing the behavior you're noticing. This actually comes in handy when reading various forum posts I monitor.

Not sure about it reporting itself as Mobile, but many sites have a specific site for Mobile devices (m.whatever.com).
Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Verizon WM 6.5 Opera browser issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
With reference to having to zoom in in order to click on a link, you can edit Opera.ini, specifically:
[Adaptive Zoom]
Minimum Overview zoom=85

The original value, I believe, is 60. This enables me to click on a link without zooming, although depending on the size of the link, it is sometimes still helpful to zoom in.
Does anybody know how to do this in Opera 9.7??

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2