PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
blue flickering from SlingPlayer??

I use the video out from my VZ TP2 to connect my phone to the 7" DVD/NAV screen in my truck. That way, my Wife can watch live TV while we are driving down the road on long road trips.

I did this for a year with my original TP's & it worked fairly well. Sometimes the image was pretty pixely and at other times it was darn near perfect.

Now, using the same exact setup (same bracket/same cables etc) I am getting an annoying blue flicker problem on the 7" screen occasionally (similar to the Coreplayer bug except not as bad) while the picture on the TP2 screen is just fine (no flicker at all).

Does anybody know what causes this or how to fix it??

~John
Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: blue flickering from SlingPlayer??

I saw someone else mention this same thing recently so it's not just me, but I guess nobody knows how to fix it??

~John
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

I'm having the same problem. I'm ordering an OEM video cable since I need another one anyway. Hopefully that will fix it. If not, hopefully Sling will come out with a software update.

I'm going to have a seizure if I watch it any longer.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
I'm having the same problem. I'm ordering an OEM video cable since I need another one anyway. Hopefully that will fix it. If not, hopefully Sling will come out with a software update.

I'm going to have a seizure if I watch it any longer.
I am not using a "home-made" cable solution.

I purchased the official cable from Expansys & I have two of them, the cable is not the problem (unfortunately). The cables worked fine in my TP's, there was slight flickering at times but this is a lot worse.

~John
Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The funny thing is, the screen on the TP2 is so awesome I almost don't care about the video out portion.

The current version of SlingMobile does not fill the whole screen even in landscape in my truck (it leaves black bars on each end). Because of this, the native screen in the phone shows close to the same size as the truck screen.

I am more into outputting the sound than I am the video at this point & the sound works great. When I drop the TP2 into my dash bracket, it automatically connects it to my killer dual SUB multi-AMP sound system.......

~John
Old 09-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

i hope someone fixes this

Old 10-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

catalyst105 is a n00b

Did any of you guys have to adjust settings of the phone or slingplayer to get it to connect via the data connection? Mine will connect through wifi, but will not with the data connection. Both Sling support and Verizon support are pointing fingers at each other.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst105 View Post
Did any of you guys have to adjust settings of the phone or slingplayer to get it to connect via the data connection? .
No, mine connected fine right away.

~John
Old 10-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

patrickoneal is a n00b

I have just about the same setup in my truck. I've been thinking about getting a slingbox to do the same thing, as Orb isn't cutting it for me. That said, I've noticed the blue flicker on my in-dash screen sometimes when I'm playing Youtube videos with the Youtube app. I've got a Kenwood DNX7100 in the truck, but there is nothing wrong with it because I've seen the blue flicker on my 55" LCD in my house as well. Being that the Youtube app, and SlingPlayer both exhibit the flicker, I tend to think it's a software or hardware problem with the phone itself rather than anything the Slingbox folks can fix. Hopefully HTC or Sprint, or some end-user figures out how to fix the problem.

One more thing... you mentioned having a dash bracket. What exactly are you using? Do you have any pics?

Last edited by patrickoneal; 10-03-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bnappy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst105 View Post
Did any of you guys have to adjust settings of the phone or slingplayer to get it to connect via the data connection? Mine will connect through wifi, but will not with the data connection. Both Sling support and Verizon support are pointing fingers at each other.
Mine connected just fine with no addl config.

Although I am hoping that SlingMedia will make us a player that fits our resolution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2