PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Photos of HD2 vs Sprint Touch Pro 2

mmmmm hd2
Old 01-31-2010, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

It looks beautiful, and would be SO nice to have.

However, no keyboard is a definite drawback for me. Coming from a TP to a TP2, I loved the larger screen. But typing in landscape is still near impossible for me to do. Bigger screen or not, I don't think I could do any serious typing this amazing piece of hardware.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 View Post
It looks beautiful, and would be SO nice to have.

However, no keyboard is a definite drawback for me. Coming from a TP to a TP2, I loved the larger screen. But typing in landscape is still near impossible for me to do. Bigger screen or not, I don't think I could do any serious typing this amazing piece of hardware.
Ever since Ezinput 2.1, my typing speed on the on-screen keyboard has skyrocketed. I had the TP2 for a little while and could type on the on-screen keyboard very quickly and accurately, I never needed to use the hard keyboard. On this bigger screen, it should probably be that much easier. Give it a shot if you can in a store when it's out, you might surprise yourself.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Ever since Ezinput 2.1, my typing speed on the on-screen keyboard has skyrocketed. I had the TP2 for a little while and could type on the on-screen keyboard very quickly and accurately, I never needed to use the hard keyboard. On this bigger screen, it should probably be that much easier. Give it a shot if you can in a store when it's out, you might surprise yourself.
I'm not saying I don't use the on screen keyboard. It's definitely MUCH easier to type on the TP2 than the TP. It was the first thing I noticed while setting the device up; that the onscreen keyboard is much more responsive. But like I said, once switched to landscape, I can barely type anything. The key positions are just awkward to me.

Granted on the HD2, I'm sure typing normally on it is a breeze. But long text messages/emails? I'm just not sure I can manage without the hardware keyboard.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

not having a real keyboard sucks
Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Yea looks pretty sweet. I wish this bad boy came to Sprint. I'm thinking its going to be a GSM phone only though . Tmobile doesn't even have local numbers where I live.
No no, this is already CONFIRMED as to coming to Sprint this year. If I need to I will post the article for you. The article was posted on smartphonejunkie a few weeks back right behind the 2010 Sprint Roadmap. This is going to be Sprint's Wimax phone coming in Q3 maybe Q4

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

Old 01-31-2010, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyeoneal View Post
No no, this is already CONFIRMED as to coming to Sprint this year. If I need to I will post the article for you. The article was posted on smartphonejunkie a few weeks back right behind the 2010 Sprint Roadmap. This is going to be Sprint's Wimax phone coming in Q3 maybe Q4
Post your article. I do recall an article which was misprinted as stating that the HD2 was coming to T-Mobile with the word "Sprint" also there but was supposed to say "spring." Would love to have this phone from Sprint..Let's see your confirmation.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimecm View Post
nope not wm but android. check it out
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108079
I dont want an Android or any other OS. It needs to be Windows Mobile.

Look at Palm abandoned WM and now it becomes second class.

Come on Sprint. What cha thinking??? Get HD2!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

one question.....would the HD2 be 4g if Sprint were ever to release it or very similar ? I would love to have the processor (which will come) but honestly, I have seen enough iphones to care less about the screen , UNLESS it is glass . The only thing I reallly envy about Iphone is the awesome scratch resistance with no added protection.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
not having a real keyboard sucks
Agreed.