PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

lacklustre484 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Copy of Untouched Registry

This is a 2 part question, because I screwed up and this is the only way I see fixing it:
1. Does anyone have a copy of what the registry for the stock WM6.5 ROM SHOULD look like? I've changed a few values I need to change back and (yes, stupid me...lets not dwell on it) didn't keep track of what I was changing.
2. Is there any way to export the registry onto my computer so I can look at it on a bigger screen?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Copy of Untouched Registry

You can always HR and then back up the reg files to be able to compare later. I know it's not the easiest way of going about it, but most people are adding cabs and making adjustments here and there. You may be better off asking for specific reg entries rather than the entire reg. And you can us CE Reg Editor for free on your PC and you can use it to back up your reg files so you can always import them again and make changes as needed on your pc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

trouthunter is just getting started

A hard reset should clear it out. I bet that is not an option though.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacklustre484 View Post
This is a 2 part question, because I screwed up and this is the only way I see fixing it:
1. Does anyone have a copy of what the registry for the stock WM6.5 ROM SHOULD look like? I've changed a few values I need to change back and (yes, stupid me...lets not dwell on it) didn't keep track of what I was changing.
2. Is there any way to export the registry onto my computer so I can look at it on a bigger screen?
1) Be specific on the values you want. Lots of ROMs will have different 'untouched registry' values depending on the packages, sys, etc. cooked into the ROM.
2) Here's your answer - CeRegEditor
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2