PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 02:09 AM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do people who owned the original Touch Pro feel about it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droobie View Post
gahhhh! All of you are making me want to buy a TP2! I can't upgrade through Sprint because I'm still on the original $30 SERO and they'll surely tell me to get bent
Uh? I am on the original $30 SERO as well, and got the TP2 activated without issues

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

well i used to love the touch pro, thought it was the best phone i had. then i got the touch pro2. not an upgrade? hell yeah its an upgrade! wanna know what my touch pro is now? an alarm clock. you ever try typing with the keyboard after using the tp2's keyboard? its hard to press them little keys haha.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I loved my Touch Pro. But then again I didn't have 10 replacements :S

The TP2 is miles ahead though, it's what the TP1 should have been from the beginning.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 01-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

The original TP sucks balls in comparison and I hate it even more every single time I see a friend with it.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trackman is a n00b

i was missing the ok button that was on the mogul and the ease of the navi button when i switched to the touch pro. now that i have the tp2 i dont miss a damn thing bout my tp. i never really had any probs with my tp i just said i did in attempt to upgrade for free which i eventually did. but no way i could ever go back to the tp, i was doing soft resets daily.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

buggydude1835 is just getting started

I loved my Apache when I first got it. After I got my Mogul, the Apache was the biggest pos ever. Touch Pro came out, couldn't wait to get it. Mogul turned into a crap phone. Touch Pro was the coolest thing til I got my Touch Pro2. Whit the exception of a few things, I love this phone!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

LGCubana is a n00b

I upgraded from the (blocky) Mogul to the TP1. It didn't take me a week to completely hate the stock, slick case & was forced to snap on a two piece rigid skin; so that I would stop dropping the TP1 when I scrambled to get it out of the original leather case, to answer a call.

With the two piece snap on case I ended with up with another blocky phone. Plus the TP1 would randomly come off of the charger dead. Which would require removing the battery to get it to turn on; stock ROM

The TP2' larger screen has me accepting the fact that while the Mogul & TP1 may have been more pocket friendly, their displays were too small for my aging eyes.

I've been using cellualr service since the days of the motorola Startac, with the dot matrix display. It's interesting to see how the market keeps going up and down in the footprint of what's hot.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - 6.5/MIGHTY ROM
Carrier: SPRINT SERO Win!

xylene is a n00b

After owning the Touch pro for a year and now the TP2 for about a month, I can say that I really don"t miss it at all. The TP's battery life (even using tweaks and custom Roms) was horrible and also the 2.8" screen seems tiny and is now an annoyance for browsing websites. The TP1 lacking a 3.5mm headphone jack was also really annoying (why HTC?! why?!!!) and I really felt silly using an adapter next to itoy and BB users.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I still miss a few things about the TP such as the flash for one big thing and the navigation control , but overall the TP2 has too much over the TP to miss it too badly. Bigger screen, better sound , BETTER battery life. I would also say comparing stock rom to stock rom, the TP2 has much more stability . BUT....obviously a lot of folks must have liked the TP much more than they admit or they would have been hell bent to switch to something totally different than the TP2 .

Personally my TP was very functional and seemed to me there was and is a lot of customization that could be done if one so wanted. I started with a Hitachi G1000, then to a
audiovox bricklike Apache I think it was, which I still have, then to a mogul which I liked alot except for watching video, briefly had a touch/vogue, then the TP, to a TP2. I have seen several types and so far ( and as it should be , the TP2 seems best) and if Sprint makes good on their word of updated to 6.5 with more than a standard upgrade, I will be more than pleased. However, we will be saying what big POS the TP2 was when the next real advancement comes,And I definitely do not mean Android...lol . The one thing they should have done was update to a more robust processor than the same as TP, but for some reason we still have 528. I'd be content if I had a flash and a 1G processor. Oh, and for all the people bashing the "tiny" keys on the TP, I have large fingers and I really do not seem to find typing that much easier on the TP2.....maybe it is a hand eye coordination thing ....LOL
Old 01-16-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I did like the TP1. Both my wife and brother still have theirs, the screen may be tiny but you can tell the resolution is better and the camera takes better pictures. I really miss the flash when the wife and I each need a flash light camping and she has an mega bright LED and I have spoon torch. The d-pad is also sorely missed, and the zoom bar scroll is a joke. That said, stability with the TP2 points and laughs at all the soft resets I was doing with the TP1. Battery life is awesome. I make it all day unless I stream a ton and don't do any recharging midday. And last but not least, screen size makes me smile, I use my phone more (if thats possible) with the larger screen. I HATE Iphonies and Androiders that want to fight about who's phone is cooler. Mine is, game over.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
touch pro, touch pro2