PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: sprint

tbird22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Someone Help Me Install Manila PLEASE????

I'm a newbie and Im a girl so please play nice! LOL !!
ok, I got my Touch ProII about 3 weeks ago. I installed the HardSPL lastnight and flashed to wm6.5 and I now have that on my phone.

But....

I keep seeing all of this stuff about Manila 2.5 and Manila 2.8 and so on....
I have downloaded these files on my storage card and tried installing them. NOTHING IS HAPPENING and NOTHING IS CHANGING....How do I do install Manila? Very confused....
Old 01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: Someone Help Me Install Manila PLEASE????

well manila itself is a user interface. depending on the wm6.5 rom you installed you are either running manila 2.1(sense - with weather info on the clock) or manila 2.5 which is like 2.1 but with program shortcuts on the home tab, at least that is the most noticable feature. now stock 2.5 does not support landscape mode as it was not intended for our tp2. however there has been a lot of work by many people to remedy this. hence, i believe 2.8 is simply 2.5 with landscape enabled, along with maybe some other features. i am not 100% on this as i strictly use 2.1.

now, as far as installing files go...make sure that what you install matches what you have. like i mentioned before, manila comes loaded on your rom. so if you have 2.1 (sense) running on your rom you can only install modification for 2.1. and the same goes for 2.5, only mods for 2.5 will work. and you may wanna research 2.8 some more, but i believe it is just a user created "enhanced" version of 2.5, so i believe the 2.8 mods work for 2.5 - but don't quote me on that...

also before you install a mod i would disable manila. go to settings/today - items, then find "htc sense" and uncheck it. default back to the home "today" screen and you'll notice it is now blank. now go to your storage card install the mod you want. soft reset your phone. then go to the settings again and re-enable manila. if the mod did not take affact then it was not intended for the version of manila you have installed. if anything gets screwed up, just go to settings/system/remove programs, and remove the manila mod you installed, soft reset and you should be back to normal
Old 01-15-2010, 07:03 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Just my $0.02 in case I read this differently...

Certain ROMs come with Manila 2.1, and others with 2.5. Simply pick a ROM with the version you'd like to use / try, and flash that ROM. Your phone will then have those "files" installed already and you'll be running that version of Manila. Perhaps I misunderstood the OP, and you are trying to add 'extra' files to the version of Manila you're already running. Please clarify if so.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tbird22 is a n00b

maybe this will help....I flashed my phone using Mighty Rom RhodiumW_011310 (has wm 6.5) and what I actually want to do is install Max Manila with it. I put the max maila cab on my storage card and upon opening I selected "install to device" , however, nothing is changing.

am I missing something?
Old 01-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird22 View Post
maybe this will help....I flashed my phone using Mighty Rom RhodiumW_011310 (has wm 6.5) and what I actually want to do is install Max Manila with it. I put the max maila cab on my storage card and upon opening I selected "install to device" , however, nothing is changing.

am I missing something?
Max Manila is only meant for ROMs with 2.5 Manila. The current ROM you're using is Manila 2.1

If you would like to use max manila, i would suggest loading my "WAR" ROM, located here

http://www.lilrico.com/Mighty/mighty...g/?page_id=724
Old 01-16-2010, 04:28 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

are they merging these two threads soon? its starting to get cluttered around here with all the double posts and all...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106537
Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tbird22 is a n00b

[QUOTE=austin420;1494178]are they merging these two threads soon? its starting to get cluttered around here with all the double posts and all...
QUOTE]

My apologies. wasnt really sure where to post...thanks for your patience
Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tbird22 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Max Manila is only meant for ROMs with 2.5 Manila. The current ROM you're using is Manila 2.1

If you would like to use max manila, i would suggest loading my "WAR" ROM, located here

http://www.lilrico.com/Mighty/mighty...g/?page_id=724

THANKS A BUNCH!!
I got !! I flashed using Mighty Rom War , then installed the Blue Silk 2.5 and then installed Max Manilla 2.8. WORKS PERFECT!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2