PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

NeoMatrixJR is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Trouble with TP2 TF3D

For no aparent reason today after getting a txt my phone locked up. Reset. Then no TF3d Loading or TF3D for a couple of hours. Eventually I turned the phone on and there was TF3D again! Reset to double-check and TF3D comes back now. Anyone else having trouble?

Also there's a TON of ######_manilla files in my \windows directory. What ARE these? Can they safely be deleted? I have a dirmap program to help find and remove big files. It takes FOREVER to scan the windows directory and forget using file browser. Last time I opened windows in FB it sat there scanning. I had to reset, use a regeditor to change the previously loaded dir or FB wouldn't have worked again w/o a hard-reset.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: Trouble with TP2 TF3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatrixJR View Post
For no aparent reason today after getting a txt my phone locked up. Reset. Then no TF3d Loading or TF3D for a couple of hours. Eventually I turned the phone on and there was TF3D again! Reset to double-check and TF3D comes back now. Anyone else having trouble?

Also there's a TON of ######_manilla files in my \windows directory. What ARE these? Can they safely be deleted? I have a dirmap program to help find and remove big files. It takes FOREVER to scan the windows directory and forget using file browser. Last time I opened windows in FB it sat there scanning. I had to reset, use a regeditor to change the previously loaded dir or FB wouldn't have worked again w/o a hard-reset.
DO NOT delete your manila files..........thats it is your tf3d

Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatrixJR View Post
Also there's a TON of ######_manilla files in my \windows directory. What ARE these? Can they safely be deleted?
Sure they can be safely deleted...if you really wanna f!@# up your phone. Why don't you go delete a few random registry entries too.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

OK! Point taken...no deleting the _manilla files. Another possibly stupid question...is there any way to maybe change a registry setting and move them all into a subfolder so I can at least browse the windows directory?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

NEO i blive when you load the TF3D it calls those files from the program itself... unless you can change the call setting of those files, you need to keep them in the window folder! basically u have to edit the entire TF3D or maybe registry entries which im sure u don't want to touch!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ok, so the problem fixed itself for a while, but now it's doing it AGAIN! Slow to soft-reset and no TF3D. Was having issue with cprog.exe crashing. Used to have S2U2 installed, but removed that after hearing complaints with it. Don't know if it's related but this all seemed to happen a week or two after stealthing ICS/tethering.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

The Manila files can't be deleted. They are in ROM.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro TWO!

Beandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good work

Someone's trolling...

Here's a link to dirmap. http://jc.tools.free.fr/en_menu_DirMap_Overview.html

Even though it exists, I have no idea what the hell I'd use this for. I rarely blindly erase files just based on size.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Off-topic posts removed... There is no need to be rude to other members who aren't sure about certain aspects of their phones.

Please take a moment to review the rule CovKid pointed out in his post above.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

EXLINE is just getting started

this happen to me last week and after about 6 hours all the sudden it loaded and all has been well since...i dont know kind of weird

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2