PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc EVO Lte
Carrier: Sprint

jsjaybone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Facebook contacts pic issue

In the contacts I linked my facebook account to it and it doesn't load new pics that my friends have changed. It keeps there profile pic from weeks before. Anyone no how to fix this. I'm running mighty's rom but I no it's not his rom cause this does same thing on other roms as well. I tried resigning in but that didn't fix the problem.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Facebook contacts pic issue

dude, don't have a clue what mods you have installed or how you are running your phone and frankly it isn't a huge enough issue to worry with, but make sure you are linking correctly in the section that links all photos and give it time to update. if it's your first time, it may take 2-5 min depending on how many contacts you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjaybone View Post
In the contacts I linked my facebook account to it and it doesn't load new pics that my friends have changed. It keeps there profile pic from weeks before. Anyone no how to fix this. I'm running mighty's rom but I no it's not his rom cause this does same thing on other roms as well. I tried resigning in but that didn't fix the problem.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 01-14-2010, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
dude, don't have a clue what mods you have installed or how you are running your phone and frankly it isn't a huge enough issue to worry with, but make sure you are linking correctly in the section that links all photos and give it time to update. if it's your first time, it may take 2-5 min depending on how many contacts you have.
Thanks for the reply. As far as mods go i run my tp2 clean. Little to no mods. Just basic window mobile aps. I don't like tricking out my phone so to speak. I no the issue isn't the end of the world but why have this feature if it doesn't update. The pics stay the same even after I flash to a new rom. So the 2-5 min thing isn't the issue. I no I'm logged in because I would not have even seen the pictures to begin with.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Under the updates and events tab in the people tab, there is an are to log into facebook.

Go to Data Connection Setting, and make sure Download data automatically is checked.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Under the updates and events tab in the people tab, there is an are to log into facebook.

Go to Data Connection Setting, and make sure Download data automatically is checked.
Well they were checked already but the update option I did changed some of them thanks a lot. =D>
Old 01-14-2010, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

yeah, it doesn't update automatically. Most roms you have to go in and turn on the automatic updates (which is set to ever 4 hours) you can of course go and do the "update now" at any time.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

I had the same problem (Using NRGZ Leo Rom for TP2), Im logged in but no pics update. I had to go into each contact that I know is linked via FB and touch the Updates and Events subtab. Touch menu and then update and the pics changed to their current FB pics. Hope this helped.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:20 PM
AB_
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

AB_ is becoming a great contributor

Would it be bad if I had ~200 of my contacts linked to their facebook account? Would it slow the phone down at all?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Odeezie is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Odeezie

I have the same problem as well, except nothing updates, not even the status or updates (except birthdays which are embedded into the contacts). The contact only updates when I select "update" for each individual contact. The "update" option under "updates and events" does not work, either. This problem is super annoying. I'm on Mighty's latest ROM, fyi.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

djhcmd is a n00b

I've had this problem on 6.1 stock rom and mightys rom. Mine will link and dl pics and status' once after hard reset. On stock I could not even get it to update if I hit the manual update button. I am on mighty's newest build now and it doesnt update jack. One time I hard reset on stock (6.1) rom and it would update a few of them automatically whenever it felt like it but not how it should work. It is also worth noting for some of you that I never get any of mine to sync at all if i dont link fbook first, sync exchange, then go back and hit link contacts to fbook.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2