PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ullwn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just Got my Phone....

...Sprint Service, Touch Pro 2

Did not active yet, will be swapping with my current active Sprint Mogul PPC-6800

First thing I would like to do is set up the Internet Sharing on this Touch Pro 2 like on the Mogul.

Having;

PC Connection
USB

Network Connection
Sprint PCS

Before I swap, as I use the Mogul for my internet connection and would like to use the Touch Pro 2

Any Suggestion?

Thank You

Joseph
Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Just Got my Phone....

I would personally recommend unlocking the phone and flashing a custom ROM like MightyROM and Malatesta's ROM, both are rock solid and stable (as are most of the custom ROM's here) and they have built in wireless and usb tethering that Sprint will not know about, however, you need internet connection in order to be able to unlock, so don't trash the mogul yet... read the thread about unlocking and see if it interests you and then look at the different ROM's, or if you want to stay stock, do a search for WMWifirouter or tethering and you'll find some stuff to help you get the tethering down. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Unlock adding custom ROM = Voided Warranty....your choice...There are 3rd party cab's that add that stuff to your phone that don't require all the work of flashing.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Unlock adding custom ROM = Voided Warranty....your choice...There are 3rd party cab's that add that stuff to your phone that don't require all the work of flashing.
False
Old 01-14-2010, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
All the work of flashing?? Didn't realize it was so difficult... And if you're so concerned about voiding a warranty, even though there's ways around that like flashing back to stock and relocking, please don't tell me you would recommend a 3rd party app to tether, which is completely against the carriers rules, unless of course you're paying more for it, in which case he can call the carrier for assistance...
Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ullwn is a n00b

I down loaded the MightyROM, where and or how do I "HSPL Unlocking" ?

Joseph
Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

it is stickied at the top ofthe tp2 cdma upgrades forum. here is the link
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ullwn is a n00b