PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850
Carrier: sprint

wirenut110 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I upgrade to the Touch Pro 2?

Is this phone worth upgrading to? I will be moving from a Treo Pro 850 with WM 6.5 OS.

The phone looks great but is it worth the money? Should I wait for the next Sprint Phone?

My daily uses would be Email, Office Docs, and Internet Browsing. Please.... post your opinions. Thank you.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, treo wx, mogul, tp, tp 2, HTC Incredible
Carrier: sprint & verizon

gtcoffe is keeping up the good workgtcoffe is keeping up the good work
Re: Should I upgrade to the Touch Pro 2?

Best phone, internet, multi-tasking device I have ever owened. It is addictive and can cause relationship problems, the warning is not on the box!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

this device is amazing. its quick and powerful!
Highly recommended

Old 01-13-2010, 09:28 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

yes, dump Palm
Old 01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Depends on your current phone. You said you have the Treo 850 and I'm not sure how that phone is, but I'd say go use the TP2 and decide. As I came from the TP and I still don't think it is worth it as an upgrade from the TP.

But opinions are like *******s everyone's got one :P
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

It depends on a couple of things..

1) Is your plan a legacy plan that you wont want to give up?
2) Do you like your phone, and dont mind waiting until late 2010?

If you think yes on #1, then consider going with the TP2, as alot of people think legacy plans will be locked out from new sweet toys once they introduce 4G PPC's.
If you think yes on #2 and you dont mind giving up your legacy plan (if you have one), there are big things in the works. You have the recent snapdragon chipset, which will make it to alot of phones this year, there is already talk about a dualcore snapdragon that will hit late 10 early 11. Plus M$ has been working with nVidia and their new Tegra2 chipset(Which is a pretty rediculous chip). To put it in a simple phrase, I'm already over the whole HD2 Hype

All said, I really like the Palm Pro. Everything is nicely integrated and works right out of the box, great battery life for a PPC, and its a remarkably snappy phone for the time of release. All in all, its a phone I can reccomend my friends if theyre interested in trying WM and dont want to break the bank.
Personally, If I had to pick between the Palm Pro, or the original Touch Pro, I would have chosen the Palm Pro for sure

Last edited by Aleki; 01-13-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut110 View Post
Is this phone worth upgrading to? I will be moving from a Treo Pro 850 with WM 6.5 OS.

The phone looks great but is it worth the money? Should I wait for the next Sprint Phone?

My daily uses would be Email, Office Docs, and Internet Browsing. Please.... post your opinions. Thank you.
htc has wimax phones coming this year, don't sign that contract just yet.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

wirenut110 is just getting started

Thanks for the responses.

I don't know what you mean by "legecy plan". My plan is unlimited data/voice/text through sprint.

I'm not having any problems with my Treo Pro. The only thing I do not like is the small display. The TP2 has a much bigger display and I believe it is much clearer too. This is what is currently making me think about moving over to the TP2.

I was just going to buy a TP2 on ebay so I didn't have to deal with my contract with sprint.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

If the screen size is the biggest issue and you don't have O/S bias and your plan will support any of the phones, then you should check out all of the large screen devices and pick the one that's best for you. I have some friends on the Android phone and they are getting very addicted to it and the app store and love it very much. I, like others, have never had a phone I like more and feel fortunate to have gotten this TP2. I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

PS: most of us who LOVE the TP2 have migrated here from other PDA phones. A lot of us also like to play with the configurations and make lots of changes, then more tomorrow. Reference the relationship problem comment above.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

LGCubana is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut110 View Post
Thanks for the responses.

I don't know what you mean by "legecy plan". My plan is unlimited data/voice/text through sprint...

...I was just going to buy a TP2 on ebay so I didn't have to deal with my contract with sprint.
I only upgraded to the TP2 because of issues with my TP (it would come off of the charger and immediately turn off). I was insistant that my old (no longer available) package be rolled over to the new phone.

My plan would cost another $45 per month, for the equivalent options at today's prices, with Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2