PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Most Stable ROM version

I have tried several ROM's from different "Chef's" out there, Mighty's, Juicy's, eRice's' SSK's, etc. Each has their own set of issues. I am on Verizon's stock 6.5 ROM right now, but it lacks things also.

I am looking for a ROM that is fast and stable, without the need to do a lot of customizations and tweaks.

Let's get feedback from you guys (and gals!) about what you are using and if there are NO issues with the ROM you are running.

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 01-12-2010, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Most Stable ROM version

I am running the NRG Dec 17th Dusk ROM right now & everything works perfectly (& I really load my system with programs & apps etc).

I moved away from the Juicy ROM setup as I went through 4 different versions & my phone never rang consistently for incoming calls.

~John
Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

+1 for silence
Old 01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I'm currently going back and forth between Mal's and Mighty's and can say I'm not having any issues with either, most of the "issues" that are being noted are self inflicted wounds by not reading and following the chefs instructions (flash back to stock, clear storage after flash, loading up non compatible stuff, etc) but for me, it's either of those two. I also loved JD's and Cfays but I don't know if they're for VZW at this point, so can't recommend those, although at this point, I'd have to imagine most of the long time chefs had got to have most of the bugs worked out of their ROMs.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

+1 for MightyRom (currently running version 01.09.2010 with no issues)
Old 01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

phantom92 is becoming a great contributor

energy ROM is for me.. its the best and most stable ROM ive had... i hard reset 3 times after install to get some bugs outa the way.. and its perfect.. could use the fix of mms.. but overall its great
Old 01-12-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work

Sprint user here, I'm using MightyRom version 1.10.10 (my birthday)!

Loaded:
MMS for Sprint
PRL Updater
Snooze Options

100% stable w/no issues!

Love the MM Roms
Old 01-12-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17518; U; en))

i gotta give props to Juggalo_X's Mr. X ROM. I didn't like most of the custom roms I tried until I tried that one. it is unmatched in speed and responsiveness imho

rockin out with MaxSense
Old 01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work

+1 on juggz, if only he had time to update since tmo and vzw 6.5's are out, id like to know what kitchens are used, id make an attempt

Old 01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What does the Verizon stock 6.5 ROM lack? I've found my Sprint stock ROM to be the most stable I've come across

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
flash, rom