PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Question What Encoder are you using to put movies on your TP2?

When I had my Touch Pro, PocketDivXEncoder did the trick very well. Unfortunately, it does not seem to support WVGA resolution. It only goes up to 700x400!

One person answered this question of mine a few days back, and I thought I had gotten the Encoder he recommended working, but it's does not work well for me. It worked for me once, and that took 4 restarts of the program and around 7 hours.

Here is the Encoder I'm talking about that does not seem to want to work for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112

Anyway, what other (preferably free) Encoders are out there that support WVGA that YOU may recommend?

[All my videos are in .AVI format on my Home PC]

-B

Last edited by Touche'; 01-12-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: What Encoder are you using to put movies on your TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche' View Post
When I had my Touch Pro, PocketDivXEncoder did the trick very well. Unfortunately, it does not seem to support WVGA resolution. It only goes up to 700x400!

One person answered this question of mine a few days back, and I thought I had gotten the Encoder he recommended working, but it's does not work well for me. It worked for me once, and that took 4 restarts of the program and around 7 hours.

Here is the Encoder I'm talking about that does not seem to want to work for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112

Anyway, what other (preferably free) Encoders are out there that support WVGA that YOU may recommend?

[All my videos are in .AVI format on my Home PC]

-B
how does that encoder not work...ive been ussing it for over a year and have recommended it to others ans it works fine...honestly that is the best encoder aroud

Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

i use core player with the tcpmp codec pack i have a few movies some south park episodes some everybody hates chris and a few episodes of Doug LOL they work and look great!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I don't really encode any movies. you can just put them on your sd card and they'll work fine. I use coreplayer to play them.

The only real(major) benefit of encoding them is the reduced file size.
If you're still interested in one, PM me, I'll send you a link to a great encoder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
how does that encoder not work...ive been ussing it for over a year and have recommended it to others ans it works fine...honestly that is the best encoder aroud
I don't know... Like I said, it worked ONCE, and now gives me an error code. Maybe it has something to do with my PC. Either way, it does not work for me what-so-ever now. I just get an error message. If you go to that link to the thread over on XDA there are a lot of people who are having the same problem.

Yeah, I really NEED the decreased file size, b/c I'm still rocking the 1Gig SD Card right now. I'm going to pick up an 8gig on Sunday, but even then I'd like to be able to fit as many movies/tv episodes on that card as possible...
Old 01-12-2010, 10:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

breakfastchef is just getting started

I use DVD Catalyst (not free) to burn DVD's for use on my TP2. It is virtually idiot-proof and does a very good job. The resulting videos run just fine with the built-in Album software on the TP2.

I tried Coreplayer, but it is not ready for pri e time so I got a refund on that purchase.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastchef View Post

I tried Coreplayer, but it is not ready for pri e time so I got a refund on that purchase.
How do you think CP is "not ready for prime time"??

~John
Old 09-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipad
Carrier: apple

ww927bin is a n00b

Freeware: Installed copy of Handbrake software from here: http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

This is a guide about how to watch blu ray dvd movie videos on HTC
http://www.pavtube.com/guide/convert...converter.html
Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

Villain123 is a n00b

I use Coreplayer for most Xvid format videos unless they have AC3 audio and then I just use TCPMP, but I do not use any thing to convert them. I just simply put them on my memory card from the hard drive of my computer and play them.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

the stuff I get off torrents all seem to play fine with core. if the didn't I would use megui to encode. it's a lil intimidating at first but it can do everything. you just work out the best settings, save it as a profile, and use that profile for all future encodes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2