PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Visual Voicemail with custom ROMs

I have a question for all Verizon users that are using the Visual Voicemail app from Verizon with Mighty's ROM. I downloaded the newest cab of the vvm from Verizon but can't get the app to work like it does in the offical Verizon 6.5 ROM. I have been going back and forth from the Offical ROM and Mighty's ROM exporting reg settings but still can't get the Voicemail to show on the Manilla Homepage or dismiss the notification by using the dismiss all button. Any suggestions from anyone that has gotten this to work?

If I have helped you in anyway, please click Thank You.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor
Re: Verizon Visual Voicemail with custom ROMs

Is it playing through the earpiece on Mighty's newest Rom for you? That's been my problem from the start on everyone of his Rom updates.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I just feel bad you have to pay to use Verizon's Visual Voicemail...that is one reason I left Verizon...was because they love to nickel and dime you for ever added feature ontop of there already expensive price plans. I had it when I was with them, didn't really see a reason to use it...most the time it didn't work correctly or was slow to respond...
Old 01-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Threadstarter

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am using the newest version and it is working through the ear piece with Mighty's newest ROM but just can't find a way to make it work like it does in the Offical ROM's manilla home page or to get the notifications to work properly.

And I haven't had to pay for the Visual Voicemail because I had it setup on my Touch Pro and they never could bill me for it on the Touch Pro. And it carried over to my Touch Pro 2.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

mados123 is a n00b

Using the latest version of VVM and MightyRom here and just need to tap the speaker at the top right to activate it (I don't use a headset or bluetooth). I have added it to be an exclusive program too under task manager. I also would like to have it accessible from the today screen somehow via button or notification line.

Last edited by mados123; 01-11-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Beanholio is a n00b

What version of Mighty and VVM are you running? I'm still having the speakerphone issue and I thought I was running the newest versions of both.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Lurker

mados123 is a n00b

I was using MightyROM 1/10/10 (Latest Version) and VVM 12.5. I guess typical of the Custom ROM world, I think I found a ROM better suited for me and that is the SSS ROM r2. Only thing is that it is not playing nice with VVM as VVM says no connection found.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

He needs to redo the installation. I ripped it out of the new stock rom and got that at 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mados123 View Post
I was using MightyROM 1/10/10 (Latest Version) and VVM 12.5. I guess typical of the Custom ROM world, I think I found a ROM better suited for me and that is the SSS ROM r2. Only thing is that it is not playing nice with VVM as VVM says no connection found.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Lurker

mados123 is a n00b

I'm sorry clueless, are you referring to mine or beanholio's situation as to reinstalling the rom? If me, are you saying that you ripped out the latest VVM and it worked after the reinstallation? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2