PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

fraudean is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Noob need some help please!

Hello all:

First of all I did try to search and couldn't find the answer, if there is a thread would someone please be kind enough to guide me to it.

1. I just got my TP2, Sprint replaced my TP1, that being said I have the stock rom on it. When I turn on my phone after a power down, it comes up with Error could not open file://localhost/at,, I am pretty sure this has something to do with my internet. This same error comes up on the internet tab, even though I have set and reset my homepage to current and default and put in the page I want.

2. My weather tab will not update; I get the error: There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data and it comes up with the same error when I Retry. I even tried updating my GPS as I read that it might be the problem.

I am wondering if I just need to do a hard restart. But I am hoping to figure out these problems.

Thanks for any help in advance. You guys are great around here.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Noob need some help please!

Yeah, just do a backup of your contacts and apps and whatever else you want to keep and do a hard reset. Then reinstall stuff.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

hard reset it anyways, it clears out the junk. but it sounds like your phone wasn't provisioned correctly.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraudean View Post
Hello all:

First of all I did try to search and couldn't find the answer, if there is a thread would someone please be kind enough to guide me to it.

1. I just got my TP2, Sprint replaced my TP1, that being said I have the stock rom on it. When I turn on my phone after a power down, it comes up with Error could not open file://localhost/at,, I am pretty sure this has something to do with my internet. This same error comes up on the internet tab, even though I have set and reset my homepage to current and default and put in the page I want.

2. My weather tab will not update; I get the error: There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data and it comes up with the same error when I Retry. I even tried updating my GPS as I read that it might be the problem.

I am wondering if I just need to do a hard restart. But I am hoping to figure out these problems.

Thanks for any help in advance. You guys are great around here.
I don't know about the first issue, but i've had the second error before (when i first got my diamond, and also on my new tp2) i went inot settings, then "update profile". im not sure what it did but after a reboot, it worked for both phones. worth a shot, other than a hard reset. good luck with getting it working.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

breakfastchef is just getting started

If you have done no modifications to the phone since you purchased it, take it back to Sprint. It should work as advertised out of the box.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fraudean is a n00b

Thank you all for your great advice. I am unable to do a Update Profile, so I will try again before doing anything else.

Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2