PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

ubigred is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
video player?

What is the best media/video player for the touch pro2?....tcpmp coreplayer does not work anymore.

Stock rom
Old 01-10-2010, 03:23 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: video player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
What is the best media/video player for the touch pro2?....tcpmp coreplayer does not work anymore.

Stock rom
coreplayer 3.6.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
coreplayer 3.6.
Its not free.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:31 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

convert your media to MP4 and play it with HTC Albums, there are a few threads discussing this question. Coreplayer is not the best, read THIS THREAD to find out why.
Encoder is FOUND HERE

I backed up a DVD using DVD Shrink, converted it to Xvid and then converted that using HTC Touch HD Converter (Encorder) to HD 720p and played it with HTC Albums and was amazed at the quality...

Download Sample.zip extract sample to your phone and then open the sample on your phone, you will see the quality that HTC Albums has, enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sample.zip (1.84 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by elephant007; 01-10-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
convert your media to MP4 and play it with HTC Albums, there are a few threads discussing this question. Coreplayer is not the best, read THIS THREAD to find out why.
Encoder is FOUND HERE
Wow thanks, but that seems like a lot to do just to watch some videos off of WVD. Am I right or wrong?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:20 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Wow thanks, but that seems like a lot to do just to watch some videos off of WVD. Am I right or wrong?
This is the first time you mentioned anything about WVD!!! Yeah, this would be a lot of work to just watch something you get with WVD, I thought you were wanting to know the best way to watch movies, not flash videos. You should check out the sample I have in my last post.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
This is the first time you mentioned anything about WVD!!! Yeah, this would be a lot of work to just watch something you get with WVD, I thought you were wanting to know the best way to watch movies, not flash videos. You should check out the sample I have in my last post.
Ok I downloaded it to my phone...what do I do now? Will I be able to watch flash videos now (WVD)? Thanks for your help
Old 01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

Quote:
Ok I downloaded it to my phone...what do I do now? Will I be able to watch flash videos now (WVD)? Thanks for your help
My post to you has nothing to do with WVD, you didn't ask about it in your original question. Download SAMPLE.ZIP to your computer, unzip it and take the SAMPLE.MP4 and copy it to your phone. Go to where you copied it on your phone and click on SAMPLE.MP4 this will play the sample movie using HTC Album
Old 01-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I have to point out that you were looking for the best video player, you made no mention of free. If it is truly the best that you are looking for, you need not look any further than coreplayer. There is absolutely nothing that compares. You will not need to convert or reencode anything unless it is an insane bitrate or HD.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
My post to you has nothing to do with WVD, you didn't ask about it in your original question. Download SAMPLE.ZIP to your computer, unzip it and take the SAMPLE.MP4 and copy it to your phone. Go to where you copied it on your phone and click on SAMPLE.MP4 this will play the sample movie using HTC Album
Oh I see. Miscommunication.

Guess Im back at square one!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2