PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry No longer fed up. Yay!!! :)

PROBLEM SOLVED!! (See this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=1#post1475229)

I'm on the EnergyROM Dec 31 28011, and I've had MMS working (through Arcsoft) in previous EnergyROM's, but for some damn reason, it won't work on this one. I tried JooJooBee's Arcosft, Valkyries M2.5 (and 2.1) MMS fix, I tried ZenYee's disable HTC messaging...

Someone please give me a straight answer with directions, from fresh flash to working mms. Please.

P.S.
I'm on VERIZON.
EnergyROM Leo Dec. 31 28011.
WM 6.5.3
Sense 2.5

EDIT: added more head banging smileys. This has really frustrated me!! I'm usually very patient, especially with these buggy roms, but this frickin mms thing... Makes me want to break something!!

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 01-09-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: I'm fed up with this, can I get a straight answer?!

Its because the old sms/mms was left out of it. There is a fix on here somewhere that shows how to go in the registry and readd it but I cant remember where it is.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I left a fix on NRGZ rom page. You will need to wipe your system & the fastest is to install valkayrie 5.2 fix then edit reg keys then restart.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
I left a fix on NRGZ rom page. You will need to wipe your system & the fastest is to install valkayrie 5.2 fix then edit reg keys then restart.
Can you provide a link? Also, you mean Valkyrie 2.5? I don't care about hard resetting, I did that this morning anyways.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

how about trying my workaround found in my signature
I'd recommend doing a hard reset first
Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I dont know how to pull a certain post from a thread. its not far from the end. Just go to his LEO rom page, i'd start from last page & work your way back. ( i have my forum set to list about 30 posts I think on 1 page cant cut & paste a link, you may not get to it) Reason you'd need to install val's program 1st because of a setting deep in & to keep things simple, just do that 1st, otherwise it wont install cause it wont have permission to make the changes.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Switching to Android

cabs cabs, i'd try'd 3 that were out there, Nuttin, just like that setting for setting your carrier to home only. doesnt work!
I did notice though, those that were on the 218** versions it's worse!

I loaded one & thought dam!

ALSO THOSE CABS SET EVERYTHING TO SPRINT!.. nOT VERIZON SERVERS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
how about trying my workaround found in my signature
I'd recommend doing a hard reset first
Old 01-09-2010, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor

Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB

MMS Fix (M2.1) (Sprint).cab

Elephant007 Sprint MMS Workaround.cab

Arcsoft MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c.cab

these are the ones i have used on the past to roms and they have worked for me
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor

scratch that just saw u were with verizon
Old 01-09-2010, 09:44 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
I dont know how to pull a certain post from a thread. its not far from the end. Just go to his LEO rom page, i'd start from last page & work your way back. ( i have my forum set to list about 30 posts I think on 1 page cant cut & paste a link, you may not get to it) Reason you'd need to install val's program 1st because of a setting deep in & to keep things simple, just do that 1st, otherwise it wont install cause it wont have permission to make the changes.
If you look in the top right corner of the post itself, you'll see the post number. Right click on that, and say Copy Link Location (that's a link to the specific post. I clicked on your name to see all your recent posts, and didn't find an MMS guide (although I didn't look through all your posts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastarob619 View Post
scratch that just saw u were with verizon
Yea, the other post is for Sprint too. I may just flash to the official Verizon 6.5 rom - although I REALLY want to keep Sense 2.5. I don't care much about MMS in HTC Messenger or through Arcsoft, I just want the damn thing to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2