PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
intermittently not recieving texts

i have been using calks kitchen for quite some time and believe this to be an issue with the 2.1 messaging for 2.5

occasionally my wife will call and say "are you getting my texts?" and im not. upon disconnecting the call here they come all 1000 of them. after that tapping the all messages soft button on the sms tab doesnt work, it is highlighted but nothing happens, and tapping the message does nothing either. however a soft reset fixes the issue, and it works again for a random amount of time.

is anyone else having this issue? were you able to solve it? im not adding much in to the kitchen, just xda_uc and the rest is graphical manila tweaks.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: intermittently not recieving texts

Call Sprint, don't tell them your using a non supported ROM and ask them to check your settings on their end. Sometimes they get gummed up or some idiot didn't set them up right. If everything checks out, then its your ROM build your using. I still say that these Kitchen ROM's are all buggy...seems people post more in here about issues with Kitchen cooked ROM's having issues than the stock ROM issues...Hense why I stay with my stock Sprint ROM till a official release is out...I havn't had any issues with the stock ROM.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ppcfreakk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ppcfreakk
Re: intermittently not recieving texts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
i have been using calks kitchen for quite some time and believe this to be an issue with the 2.1 messaging for 2.5

occasionally my wife will call and say "are you getting my texts?" and im not. upon disconnecting the call here they come all 1000 of them. after that tapping the all messages soft button on the sms tab doesnt work, it is highlighted but nothing happens, and tapping the message does nothing either. however a soft reset fixes the issue, and it works again for a random amount of time.

is anyone else having this issue? were you able to solve it? im not adding much in to the kitchen, just xda_uc and the rest is graphical manila tweaks.
try going back to the stock rom and doing a hard reset and see what happens as stock is always the best but if u do want to try out custom rom i would actially recommend http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69545 they are pretty stable with no bugs such like that...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2