PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Question A few questions...

To start off, I HAVE searched... For some reason, I can't seem to find the answers I need.

I have a Touch Pro 2 through Sprint with Stock ROM.

1.) Do I have to flash to a new ROM to get the Sense UI thing? I guess that's the one that the HD2 has, right? Where the weather actually animates throughout the whole Today Screen?

2.) I can't seem to find any information on how to remove the Top and Bottom curtains. Yes, I saw the posts in the Tweaks Thread, but the links are dead...and I get an error in both.

3.) Does anyone else have the issue in Opera where hitting the back button just moves you around the page, then eventually just greys out for no reason? It's very frustrating, and I'd love a fix.

4.) If I want to put a movie on my phone, what diemsions do I use, and what program can do it? I have PocketDivxEncoder...will that work?

Thanks in advance.

-B

Last edited by Touche'; 01-08-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: A few questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche' View Post
To start off, I HAVE searched... For some reason, I can't seem to find the answers I need.

1.) Do I have to flash to a new ROM to get the Sense UI thing? I guess that's the one that the HD2 has, right? Where the weather actually animates throughout the whole Today Screen?
HD2 has manila 2.5 you dont need to have 2.5 to have weather animation just have a 6.5 rom
2.) I can't seem to find any information on how to remove the Top and Bottom curtains. Yes, I saw the posts in the Tweaks Thread, but the links are dead...and I get an error in both.
click on the paper clips they are there
3.) Does anyone else have the issue in Opera where hitting the back button just moves you around the page, then eventually just greys out for no reason? It's very frustrating, and I'd love a fix.
never experienced sorru.
4.) If I want to put a movie on my phone, what diemsions do I use, and what program can do it? I have PocketDivxEncoder...will that work?
you can use coreplayer which plays just about any format.
Thanks in advance.

-B
hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Hey, thanks a lot for the quick reply, gmaine! I really apprecuate it! One thing...about the movies - I do have CorePlayer; what I meant to ask was what size do I need to resize the .avi file for it to fit correctly? I'd like small black bars on the top & bottom...(WIDESCREEN)
Old 01-08-2010, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2
Carrier: AT&T

zdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good work

TP2 screen is WVGA - 800x480
Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 AM
grv
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

grv is a n00b

This works pretty well as an encoder - very simple interface, and targeted at our resolution. I find the output sometimes plays better in HTC Album than in CP. Someone will probably correct me, but HTC Album offers hardware assistance for some codecs like h.264 whereas CP may not.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112
Old 01-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wow...thanks again for all the help guys! Now I have the curtains and the Videos figured out!

I saw the answer about the Sense UI. What I meant to ask was: Is there any way to have the new Sense UI on my Sprint Stock ROM? I know that everyone is flashing new ROMs, but I'm terrible with that stuff. I just want the interface.

Also, is there anyone out there who is having the same problem as I am with Opera? Every time I hit the Back Button, it takes me further up to the top of the screen. When it has hit the top, and I hit back again, the Back Button simply goes grey/dead, and I have to start all over.

-B
Old 01-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Exclamation Re: A few questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grv View Post
This works pretty well as an encoder - very simple interface, and targeted at our resolution. I find the output sometimes plays better in HTC Album than in CP. Someone will probably correct me, but HTC Album offers hardware assistance for some codecs like h.264 whereas CP may not.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112
Okay, so I had just assumed that this Encoder would work for me, but it doesn't. In fact, it took 3 1/2 hours for it to get about 80% done, then froze my Home PC! I actually had to pull the plug out of the wall, because it would not respond.

Does anyone have any other Encoders/Programs that might work better for me. Looking for FREE proggies, of course.

EDIT: Okay, so I got this Encoder to work... I used the default setting for WVGA, but I'm somewhat unimpressed with the quality of the video. That I can deal with, but what I'd really like to know is what the dimensions would be to have thin black bars on the top, and this encoder also seems to cut off a bit from both sides of the video. Not much, but a bit... I noticed this while watching 'WANTED', because the opening words were cut off at the edges...

Last edited by Touche'; 01-10-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Also, is there anyone out there who is having the same problem as I am with Opera? Every time I hit the Back Button, it takes me further up to the top of the screen. When it has hit the top, and I hit back again, the Back Button simply goes grey/dead, and I have to start all over.

-B
it depends on the site you visit. on ppcgeeks, opera does exactly what you said. on other sites, the back button works. here, i hit the back button, it takes me to the top, i tap it again real quick, and it does its job. i guess it depends on how hard you tap it.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Okay, so I had just assumed that this Encoder would work for me, but it doesn't. In fact, it took 3 1/2 hours for it to get about 80% done, then froze my Home PC! I actually had to pull the plug out of the wall, because it would not respond.

Does anyone have any other Encoders/Programs that might work better for me. Looking for FREE proggies, of course.

EDIT: Okay, so I got this Encoder to work... I used the default setting for WVGA, but I'm somewhat unimpressed with the quality of the video. That I can deal with, but what I'd really like to know is what the dimensions would be to have thin black bars on the top, and this encoder also seems to cut off a bit from both sides of the video. Not much, but a bit... I noticed this while watching 'WANTED', because the opening words were cut off at the edges...

Okay, so I'm gonna have to take that back... This Encoder is just pure garbage for me. It does freeze my home computer, and is now giving me an error message after it already worked once. I think I'm done trying this junk. The guys over at XDA seem to be having a lot of issues with this thing, too. I tried all of the codecs, and AVISYNTH....still getting the Error message.

PLEASE!!! Does ANYONE know of a GOOD Encoder that is also FREE and possibly EASY TO USE?!?!?! I NEED HELP!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2