PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hathetran is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
negatives of Opera 10 beta 2u

i love the opera browser but there are some things i absolutely hate..for instance
1. if im laying down in bed and i have my phone portrait to my head but landscape with respect to the floor it automatically rotates even though i dont want it to..the good thing about opera 9.5 was that it only rotated in direction

2. when clicking on a link it takes forever to let you know that you actually clicked it..so i end up clicking it 3-4 times

3. say a page is full of images it'll load the top pictures and as i scroll down it loads those images but when i scroll back up to the top it has to reload the pictures that were already loaded before

4. this flaw is applicable to many browsers so i won't hold it against only opera but the checkered boxes when you scroll down too fast

5. i think this one bugs me the most..if im using opera in landscape mode with the keyboard closed and i exit out of it my home screen will now be in landscape as well..it should go back to portrait mode after i exit..not sure if thats only me

i think if in the final release these problems were fixed we would have a pretty great browser.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: negatives of Opera 10 beta 2u

It's slower than Opera 9.5 and it does not support the zoom-bar on the TP2. I will wait for the official release before I give it another try.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hathetran View Post
i love the opera browser but there are some
5. i think this one bugs me the most..if im using opera in landscape mode with the keyboard closed and i exit out of it my home screen will now be in landscape as well..it should go back to portrait mode after i exit..not sure if thats only me

i think if in the final release these problems were fixed we would have a pretty great browser.
Nope, that's me too. It goes back to normal if you open and close the keyboard again.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

It broke my ringer on Juicy R6.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can fix the auto-landscape feature of the new opera by going to (with a registry editor):

HKLM/software/opera10

Make a new reg key in this folder and name it "GSensor"

Then make a new D-Word value in the Gsensor key and name it anything you want (you can put a number in the dword calue if you want, but you don't have to)

Anyway, softreset after you do this, and Opera 10 should no longer landscape by itself.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Regarding #1 You can shut that off. By the way you explicity installed the version that turns that ON.
Regarding #3 Doesn't do that for me.
Regarding #5 That the phones fault not Opera's.

Last edited by mswlogo; 01-05-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Regarding #1 You can shut that off. By the way
How is it the phone's fault? Open the keyboard, phone switches to landscape. Close it, it goes back to portrait. This works for every other app, including Opera 9.5, except Opera 10 beta. The phone stays in landscape mode until you close the keyboard, open it, and close it again.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

hathetran is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Regarding #1 You can shut that off. By the way you explicity installed the version that turns that ON.
Regarding #3 Doesn't do that for me.

i still want it to auto rotate but not in every which direction...i jus want it the way it was in 9.5
Old 01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeszekely View Post
How is it the phone's fault? Open the keyboard, phone switches to landscape. Close it, it goes back to portrait. This works for every other app, including Opera 9.5, except Opera 10 beta. The phone stays in landscape mode until you close the keyboard, open it, and close it again.
I'm not sure exactly what your saying because there is like 9 ways you can do things.

Basically the Phone should so Everything in Landscape if the keyboard is out or your holding it landscape. And everything in portrait if the keyboard is in and held portrait. The should never have to be reminded by rotation or keyboard what it should currently be.

That said if I close opera 10 with keyboard out. Phone goes to portrait regardless of orientation of the phone. It should stay in landscape. But that is the PHONES fault. Because it's stupid.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Regardless of the keyboard in Opera 10, typing in it is mad slow. I know that its a beta and after saying that it looks and functions beautifully HOWEVER, typing in opera 10 is soooo slow and the reaction time from a link click to it actually happening is like watching paint dry. I will wait on this one to actually get implemented. BTW: I JUST switched back from 9.5 to 10 and then back to 9.5 just to check and see if the kinks were worked out. Maybe its the rom that I am on (Mal-Rom) but even with MM opera 10 beta was still slow IMO.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2