PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:23 AM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

BfA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
x64(W7 + Office 2010 + WMDC) = Fail. But Still Safe To Flash?

Ok, so ya I searched the forums and I know that the Active Synce program is written in 32 bit which causes issues with 64 bit outlook. Basically, I got a new TP2 and I don't want to sync it with Outlook at this time, I just want to do a HARD SPL and then flash a ROM.

I just uninstalled WMDC, restarted and reinstalled and got the error: "Device driver software was not successfully installed" with no other info. If I go to device manager though, there's no question marks and all devices appear to have been connected fine. I can view the mSDHC card though, but not the phone's on-board memory.

I'm wondering if since I open WMDC and it says 'not connected' would this cause an issue if I try running the Hard SPL Unlocker?

So, I'm just wondering, how can I safely flash my phone?

NB 1: I tried starting Windows 7 with the ignore device signing option or whatever it's called, doesn't help.

NB 2: I saw some other user had to enable some C item in his bios for his P55 chipset. I have a P45-DS3R tough and double checked that the option wasn't in my bios. Also, my old TP connected fine but I think that was before I had Office 2010 x64.

Last edited by BfA; 01-05-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Re: x64(W7 + Office 2010 + WMDC) = Fail. But Still Safe To Flash?

I use 64-bit Win 7 for flashing. Just install the 64-bit version of WMDC. Also, when you connect your phone and WMDC asks if you want set up a new partnership, just select "not at this time" and it'll connect you as Guest. Then flash away. I don't think it even lets you install a 32-bit version of WMDC on a 64-bit install.

Here's a link to what you need: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 01-05-2010, 05:22 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

also using windows 7 x64 with no issues whatsoever
Old 01-05-2010, 05:27 AM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Hey guys, I should rephrase:

I know it's ok to flash with W7, but since I have Office 2010 x64 installed the WMDC won't connect to my phone and I can't browse the phone's memory contents.

WMDC says "not connected" in the bottom left.

Because of this I'm wondering if it'll cause an issue while flashing?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

office and WMDC are two independent animals. You can sync your phone (or flash it) with WMDC regardless of your version of outlook, even if you have no outlook at all. I'm using outlook 10 x64 with W7 x64 and have no problems flashing or syncing my phone outside of syncing contacts, calendar, etc. with outlook. This is an outlook problem, not a WMDC problem because WMDC does not know to look for a 64 bit version of Outlook. It even shows up in explorer when I open up "computer" and allows me to browse the phone's memory and SD card.

Worse comes to worse, try putting your phone in bootloader mode and running HSPL from there.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

as long as the ruu sees the phone, i don't see why it will be an issue because activesync (wmdc) doesn't actually have to be connected to flash. in fact, it never connects if you flash via bootloader mode
Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have win7 and x64 as well, I have no issues syncing with wmdc, nor flashing, and as stated a few times above, wmdc is not need to flash a rom, press enter on keyboard-volume down-power button, all at the same time to enter the bottload screen, plug it in to the usb and flash away
Old 01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

I have Office 2010 x64 + W7 x64 + WDMC x64, I know what the OP means. When you connect the TP2 to your PC, part of the WDMC (Activesync connection?) is that it wants to sync your contacts and email's. There is a popup that shows up and says "Either these is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

If you are planning on NOT sync'ing your contacts and email's, (What I am currently doing) it works fine.

When connecting my phone just select on the WDMC screen the option to not setup a partnership.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtut18 View Post
I have Office 2010 x64 + W7 x64 + WDMC x64, I know what the OP means. When you connect the TP2 to your PC, part of the WDMC (Activesync connection?) is that it wants to sync your contacts and email's. There is a popup that shows up and says "Either these is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

If you are planning on NOT sync'ing your contacts and email's, (What I am currently doing) it works fine.

When connecting my phone just select on the WDMC screen the option to not setup a partnership.

Hope this helps.
This is correct. I'm just wondering that since WMDC can't verify I have a connection and I get the error when trying to install some peice of software, whether there'd be any issues or not.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

I have all of the same components, do not sync with Outlook (using Google Apps exchange emulation), and have flashed just fine. WMDC does connect just fine if I bypass the syncing part. But if you can't connect to WMDC then I would think you would want to get that working first. There's no technical limitation, since I'm doing that without any trouble, so once that's established I'd think it should be fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2