PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB Mobile shell is it worth it?

Well i kinda want something different then the stock rom and i have not flashed any rom's yet.But i have seen many people say how great SPB shell is on there phones.

So is it worth it for the touch pro 2? and can i run all the cabs i do now with it?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: SPB Mobile shell is it worth it?

ugh, why not just try it... it has a fully featured trial for like a week. that should be enough time for you to decide if it's worth the purchase.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a ton of programs on my tp2 now i hate to take them all of and then have to reload what i had.I was just asking what people thought about it is all.Better then talking about the HD2 50 pages of garbage that has nothing to do with the tp2.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes it's awesome and worth the price, and yes you can run all your cabs with it.

It's the first thing I install on my phone, and the ROM I'm running on my Touch Pro 2 (indagroove's Titanium) doesn't even have TouchFlo cooked in because Mobile Shell is so awesome.

Try it. You'll be happy you did.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

So which roms can i run with this? i really do not know how to tell which one can and can't how about the top ones mighty energy etc?
Old 01-05-2010, 12:39 AM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
So which roms can i run with this? i really do not know how to tell which one can and can't how about the top ones mighty energy etc?
Any ROM can run Mobile Shell. But you might want to look for a Titanium ROM. If you aren't going to be using TouchFlo anyway, might as well save some space by not even installing it.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i left a reply but it didnt save ... anyway in my experience i liked it at first, alot ... but its very buggy at least the build i use & it isnt the newest ... sms delays & having to wake & go home for them to appear is a royal p.i.t.a ... no response at times from mail, sms, & other apps. soft reset way to much & never had this issue. few more annoying things .. i hope a fix comes out asap or i am gettin a refund. & i only paid for it 2 jump on the half price offer as i normally test drive stuff alot more. i have heard of earlier buildds being great. lol not mine
Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i left a reply but it didnt save ... anyway in my experience i liked it at first, alot ... but its very buggy at least the build i use & it isnt the newest ... sms delays & having to wake & go home for them to appear is a royal p.i.t.a ... no response at times from mail, sms, & other apps. soft reset way to much & never had this issue. few more annoying things .. i hope a fix comes out asap or i am gettin a refund. & i only paid for it 2 jump on the half price offer as i normally test drive stuff alot more. i have heard of earlier buildds being great. lol not mine
I have been using Mobile Shell for years, just about every version (started out with version 1 on my PPC-6700), and never had any of those issues. Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall. Probably had a corrupt cab file or something...
Old 01-05-2010, 02:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
I have a ton of programs on my tp2 now i hate to take them all of and then have to reload what i had.I was just asking what people thought about it is all.Better then talking about the HD2 50 pages of garbage that has nothing to do with the tp2.
huh? it sounds like you think that you need to take everything off and then reload them if you want to use mobile shell... which is not the case. just install mobile shell to your device memory and all your apps are still accessible. it doesn't matter what ROM you're on... it's just an interface on top of windows mobile.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

absolutely worth it, been running it on TP, Diamond, Wizard, Tilt and now on TP2. PM me if need any help with it(will do my best to help out fellow ppcgeekr

When you can tether for free?: D

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2