PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®
My GPS cannot get a lock on my location.....

I have A-GPS on and my location is on.....but google maps cannot get a lock, Sprint Nav cant get a lock, Chatcross GPS test cant get a Satellite either......what should I do....Im on Energy ROM.

Last edited by RockSta®; 01-03-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: My GPS cannot get a lock on my location.....

What most people don't know about these phones is that you have to basically push start the GPS...There is a program within the phoen that you have to run...it downloads stuff for the GPS, then when that is done your Sprint NAV and Google will get the GPS locations. Heres how you do it....Tap on the Windows icon, go to all programs, then look for a program called QuickGPS...once that opens go to menu, then options select only Auto download when data expires, and exit after downloading. Click on OK, the when it goes back to the main QuickGPS screen click on download...Try that and I'm betting you all your GPS enabled programs will work.... Good Luck!

Also make sure your near a window or outside, since GPS doesn't really get a good signal when near cement walls or walls for that matter...

Last edited by ChrisH09; 01-03-2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Added some more to the post.. :-)
Old 01-03-2010, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

See thread in my signature and see if that helps.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You didn't mention if you had done this. But juse in case you haven't done it yet, when you go into Google Maps be sure that Menu -> Use Gps is checked
Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

yup i would go to quickgps.... you need to run that before you will be able to get a fix on your satellites and such. run that and open up google maps and you should have an instant lock... the gps in my area on the tp2 is the best that it has ever been and doubt it because of the network (verizon now from my sprint touch pro)
Old 01-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network
Threadstarter

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

umm ok guys thanks, guess i should have mentioned that I did in fact use Quick GPS and it downloaded but still nothing after. The thing is......I was getting a lock super fast with stock and even when I first flashed to Energy it would catch a Satellite in no time, dont know what happened now.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Hard Reset the phone, and see if that fixes the GPS lock. It could be some program or cab you installed that is blocking the GPS. Or unistall every program you have installed and test it again, if it works install each cab again, between each test the GPS...if it craps out again then you have found your issues.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

ve done that and it doesnt fix it for me. oddly if i run HTC GPS Tool and open port and let it fix on satilites it will work. Doesnt stick you later have to do it again. This issue is effecting my weather app as well as google

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
What most people don't know about these phones is that you have to basically push start the GPS...There is a program within the phoen that you have to run...it downloads stuff for the GPS, then when that is done your Sprint NAV and Google will get the GPS locations. Heres how you do it....Tap on the Windows icon, go to all programs, then look for a program called QuickGPS...once that opens go to menu, then options select only Auto download when data expires, and exit after downloading. Click on OK, the when it goes back to the main QuickGPS screen click on download...Try that and I'm betting you all your GPS enabled programs will work.... Good Luck!

Also make sure your near a window or outside, since GPS doesn't really get a good signal when near cement walls or walls for that matter...

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2