PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Angel Slayer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Constant freezing.

Searched hard, high and low for a solution.

My problems first started with having to do hard resets, because my nbh file went missing. Tried the solution of going back to stock, relocking, and then doing a hard reset. Finally I had no problems with having to do hard resets.

Now I have the problem of having to do soft resets every 20 minutes to every 3 hours, depending on my phone usage. Clearing RAM does nothing, doing hard resets does nothing, relocking and unlocking does nothing. I'm at my wits end...

Anyone have a solution?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Constant freezing.

At this point, the most likely cause of the resetting is the programs you have installed
Old 01-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

plada2315 is just getting started

i have no idea with the nbh, still new to this, but i had a similar problem with the slowing down so i flashed my phone and ran the silence rom and it has fixed my problem and to this day i have had no other issues
Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

And this happens with no 3rd party apps or tweaks installed too?

ps. Not sure why you'd need to do a hard reset because your nbh file went missing??? That file is used to flash a ROM from SD card....once.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Opps, let me clarify. Probably should edit my first post. Any way, when I tried to reload a new rom it said I had no current rom installed. I had to install roms through the bootloader. Since hard resetting wasn't working for me.

And all I do is sync my outlook contacts and install clear ram? Have done hard resets without clear ram and results remain the same.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:18 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Have you tried re-downloading the custom ROM you're using and then reflashing that...per chance you got a bad download...and do a clear storage after flashing.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Have tried several different ROMs. I have done clear storage and hard resets. This problem is starting to become a real nuisance.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 PM

Got nothing for ya sorry. IF it was me, I'd be flashing back to stock, do a clear storage, relock the phone....and then if it's still doing it on stock take it back to the carrier.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Slayer View Post
Searched hard, high and low for a solution.

My problems first started with having to do hard resets, because my nbh file went missing. Tried the solution of going back to stock, relocking, and then doing a hard reset. Finally I had no problems with having to do hard resets.

Now I have the problem of having to do soft resets every 20 minutes to every 3 hours, depending on my phone usage. Clearing RAM does nothing, doing hard resets does nothing, relocking and unlocking does nothing. I'm at my wits end...

Anyone have a solution?
Flash stock, relock, see if the issue persists. If the problem goes away, then unlock and try a different rom! Maybe from a different chef!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Flash stock, relock, see if the issue persists. If the problem goes away, then unlock and try a different rom! Maybe from a different chef!
I've already tried that...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2